Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Day

Christmas morning I was up nursing Penny at 3:30am and who should I hear stirring? Steven and Benny of course. Before we had put them down for bed that night we showed them the clock in the kitchen and warned them they were not to wake us up before the first number on the clock said 6. Well, they were abiding by this but not realizing how slowly time moves, they were running to the clock every few minutes to see if that number had changed to 6 yet. When I finished nursing Penny, I explained to them that there were lots more minutes until 6 so they better go to sleep!!

Thankfully they eventually did fall asleep but unfortunately for us, Lucy and Penny weren't to interested in sleeping in so we were up shortly before 7. Our walk with our girls down our creaky stairs woke up the boys and we were soon going present crazy!

Penny really loved the new bottle Santa got her:


Steven was slightly disappointed by the notebook and pen Benny got him. He was under the impression that the toy he picked out for Ben, would be the toy he would get from Ben. Confused? You should be! But despite his disappointment, he still put on a smile:



I got this necklace more for me than for Lucy. I love it and want her to wear it lots and lots. But she usually doesn't wear necklaces very long- she likes to put them on and then take them off. She surprised me though and wore the necklace most of Christmas morning: 


Tyler looked very dashing in his new Fedora. Except I think it might be a little small- notice the way it's perched precariously on his head? Too bad I didn't keep the receipt :(


Benny looks pretty devious with his new Nerf gun (both boys got one). But he is a sweet kid. Unlike Steven who whined that I had more presents to unwrap then him, Benny proclaimed after unwrapping his last present, "I got everything I wanted!" Christmas morning success!


Here he is with his everything! His Santa gift, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Lego Set- exactly what he asked for!


Steven with his "I wish I had more to open" gifts. He got the same Santa gift as Benny. Surprisingly though, I think his favorite gift was a book with real life Tornado pictures. He kept telling me how happy he was that I got that for him. That gratitude for the book KIND OF trumps his bad attitude on lack of presents to open...


Super adorable Lucy who was more excited about opening gifts than actually playing with them:


Penny who has no idea what's going on but got some styling clothes, shoes and headbands:


I got an awesome waffle maker (now I can cook 4 waffles at once instead of 2- much more efficient!) and a wireless speaker that I can play my tunes on. Tyler also made a valiant effort to buy me trendy infinity scarfs, maxi skirts, a necklace and Toms shoes. His effort paid off and I won't be embarrassed to wear any of it (while not TOO embarrassed ;) )


Tyler was spoiled rotten. He got a compact table saw (I mostly caved on this one because he promised to make me a dining room table with it) and he got a Ghostbuster Lego set and a 4 slicer toaster (we are all about efficient appliances here in the Hatch home):


The boys spent the rest of the morning building their Lego sets:


Penny spent part of the morning with me trying her cute new stuff on her:


And she spent the other part of it under Lucy's new umbrella:  


Christmas afternoon the kids watched Steven's new "tornado" movie "The Wizard Oz" while I slaved over the stove making Christmas dinner. Ok I exaggerate,it wasn't that intense. It was a pretty big dinner for us though and quite delicious. It included: ham, mashed potatoes, biscuits, yams and apple cider.


After dinner we crashed on the couch and watched "Home Alone" and ate some pie. It was a good night!


Despite this being our first Christmas away from all our friends and family it was good day. I won't lie, we missed everyone and we missed some of our AZ traditions but it was an extremely relaxing Christmas. In the past we've always been rushing around- we'd do our celebration, then we'd go to the Hatch home for lunch and then to my parent's home for dinner. But for once we just got to hang out home and play with our Christmas toys and be lazy, lazy, lazy. I do like lazy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment