Sunday, January 22, 2012

This Week....

I have wasted many hours "pinning" on Pinterest and FINALLY this week I decided to do a few of those things. I have a couple things that are still in process but these are a few things I finished:

These will go up on the wall in our room where they will hopefully look better than they do sitting on the floor. I made them with Styrofoam blocks, scrapbook paper and ribbon.


 This is hanging up outside our door. I made it using a wooden H, river rocks and a little ribbon. It cost me $1.15! I only wish our house was painted blue so that it stood out a little better.



This week Steven has grown even more fond of his bird (if that's possible). It must go where he goes and it is constantly making a high pitched "Tweet!" One day I asked Steven what it was saying and he said it's saying "Tweet!" Man I can be so oblivious! 

Thursday evening we were driving home from grandma's house and Steven was flipping out because he thought we left his bird there. When we arrived home he said, "Mom, I can hear my birdie. He's saying: Tweet! Tweet!" And lo and behold he clearly could have heard him because I found him smashed in the diaper bag where I had forgotten I had put him.




Ben is Ben. He is still drooling like crazy so I have finally decided it's time to set up an appointment to meet with an ENT- he is almost two and I hate that I still have to put him in bibs. 

This week he also found the perfect hidey-hole for diaper changing time. He does not love it when I need to change his diaper or his clothing.



But unfortunately for him, not only have I been on a crafting kick but I have also been on an organization kick. And I was very tired of those colorful drawers because they were always falling off their track and the boys were constantly mixing things up. So I destroyed his hiding place and now we have this loveliness instead:


Lastly, this week I got another client to tutor! That makes 5 now and I have 2 more consultations! If those pan out I will only need to sub 1 day a week instead of 2- Yippee!

P.S. Yes, I still have a husband. His days are filled with school, work & scouts. Although he did switch it up and take me out Saturday night to Olive Garden & Hobby Lobby (and he especially loved going to the latter place :) )


2 comments:

  1. Love your crafts! I still haven't slowed down from my crafting kick as well, and I have those same colored drawers for my scrapbooking stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for craftiness and organizing! you're making me want to get stuff out and get crafty!

    ReplyDelete