Saturday, March 5, 2016

Rough Week



This picture of Ben pretty much sums up our week:


We had to drop Grams off at the airport to go back to AZ Tuesday morning and seriously, how could we not all be sad and cranky!? She was the glue keeping us all together and sane! On the bright side, the drive to the airport was completely non stressful- no bad traffic, no bad weather. And the night before we had a nice last dinner with Grams at Culver's where I discovered the tastiness that is Twix ice cream. 

Since Grams left we have all been passing around some sort of virus- fever, chills, headache, drowsiness- super fun stuff. I got it the worse on Thursday and that was a really hard day. On the bright side I have a sweet friend who brought my family dinner that night and another sweet friend who offered to help with some things that I needed to get done for the baby shower I was co-hosting Saturday. And on yet another bright side, it meant we were home and available for someone to come fix our dryer so it no longer rumbles and shakes the whole house and I was also home for someone else to come and fix our sink so it now drains water instead of holding unto it FOREVER. So see, good things happened despite the bad things.

On Friday Penny was tired of being cooped up indoors with all us sick ones so we sat on the porch and got some fresh air:


Saturday was the the day of the baby shower I was co-hosting for my friend Laci. I still wasn't feeling great but I could not miss the shower that I had put so much effort into so I went (and probably shared my germs with all my friends, I am such a terrible friend). But it turned out super great. The decorations that my co-host was in charge of were super cute. I was in charge of the food and it all turned out yummy (thanks to excellent people who helped me out) and we all drew pages for an alphabet book for Laci's baby girl and that was a total hit (even though my late night diaper notes were not so much). Seriously a fun time and now I feel so relieved that it is all done. Steven's birthday, his baptism, this baby shower...finished! Now maybe I can just relax and get over being sick!



No comments:

Post a Comment