Monday, November 19, 2012

Adjusting

As predicted, this week was a lot harder than the last. I was on my own with my 3 kids a lot more this week and I actually had to cook a few dinners- shocking ;)!

I think out of my 2 boys, Steven is having a lot harder time adjusting to Lucy. He gets emotional a lot more than normal and he has a hard time with loving Lucy softly. Plus he caught a cold this week so he is not loving that I make him keep his germs away from Lucy. He just wants to breathe them all over her. Thankfully I only had one night with Steven up coughing (of course it wasn't when I was already up with Lucy but instead in between feedings) then I was able to stop the night coughing with the breathing machine- oh how I love the breathing machine!



Ben, on the other hand, seems like same old Ben. He still gets whiny over silly things (nothing new) but he is pretty good at showing his love for Lucy gently and he doesn't seem extra emotional. However, they both like to bring out monster mommy at least once a day (typically in the afternoon)- I can't wait until my hormones return to normal!


Trying to do the Baby Wise schedule with Lucy also added stress to this week. She is so hard to wake up after eating and then once I get her up, she is difficult to get back to sleep. I'm not 100% sure that it's worth all the effort...she did sleep better a few nights but there were still a couple nights with her waking up fussy and hard to put back to sleep. It does seem to help her nurse more regularly during the day though. She has stopped snacking completely and is still typically nursing every 2.5-3 hours which is nice. Every once in awhile she wants to nurse after 2 hours but that is ok with me. Benny was every 2 hours ALWAYS so I can take Lucy's every 2 hours sometimes...



I am sad that this will be my last week off from tutoring. I still haven't started pumping or introducing the bottle to Lucy so I just don't feel like I'll be ready to return in a week. Plus I am SO exhausted that I don't know how I am going to be a useful tutor. Hopefully I survive!




No comments:

Post a Comment