Monday, June 4, 2012

San Diego 2012

Against my normal cheapness, my better judgement and my own smartness I planned a last minute trip to San Diego. Savings is for having fun right!? I know we will be rolling in bills soon due to an upcoming baby but I have to say that it was SO worth it. There was minimal child drama, for the most part they were really well behaved and I found myself wanting to stay another day...or 2.

Day 1: Drive & Seaport Village: Highlights:
  •  A nice gentleman gave the boys a pirate kitty kite to fly. Then of course he held out a tip jar when they were done...so kind :)
  • The boys loved posing by a naked statue/fountain.
  • An excellent shop owner let our boys play with balls inside a store.
  • An excellent grandpa like man entertained our children while we ate dinner.
  • Walking along the pier.
  • Enchiladas and pretzels.






Day 2: San Diego Zoo: Highlights & Such:
  • A peacock showing off its feathers.
  • A vulture coming to say "hello." So ugly!
  • Watching an elephant get a manicure.
  • Riding on the skyfari. I have an issue with heights apparently. I made Steven hold my hand and would not let him move. He probably wished he had sat by his daddy...
  • Eating cotton candy! It cheered everyone up- Steven immediately stopped complaining about wanting to go back to "the big house." (his name for the hotel)
  • Steven grabbing a gorilla statue's breast and exclaiming "These are for milk!?" Oi!
  • The happiness that Cheetos' fingers bring!
  • Seeing a real live Kung Fu Panda!
  • After our feet could walk no longer, we took a bus tour and saw all the animals. Surprisingly you really could see the animals and surprisingly the boys behaved the whole ride.



















Night of Day 2: Event:
  • The boys clunked heads together. It was super sad because they hit right on a bump Ben already had and his forehead swelled back up. However they did normally sleep pretty peacefully together and Ben only fell off the bed once...



Day 3: Balboa Island & Beach: Highlights & Such:
  • Riding the ferry. Ben was amazed by the "Big boats!!" 
  • Buying a butt load of salt water taffy at the Balboa Island Candy Shop. Which btw I have already devoured almost half of. I am so addicted!
  • Also satisfying my undying sweet tooth with ice cream. It's really not the best idea to travel pregnant- super expensive!
  • Steven's ridiculous lollipop face. It looks like he's in pain but truly, he's enjoying it.
  • Watching Steven and Tyler chase the waves and ride them.
  • Watching Ben fill up buckets with sand but insist that they shouldn't be tipped over.
  • Seeing a family of dolphins close to the coast.
  • Watching Ben get clobbered as a big wave hit the sand castle his dad and brother had built around him (not a highlight).
  • Watching a man with a hydro jet pack face plant it.
*Sad to say that my camera's battery died while on the beach so I didn't get pictures of the dolphins or the hydro jet pack :(











Night of Day 3: Event:
  • Keshia & Scott were in San Diego too and we got to meet up with them on Mission Bay Beach. Keshia played some Badminton with our boys and they did splendidly. I may need to invest in some racquets and birdies. 


Day 4: Travel Home: Events:
  • We got a phone call at 9am from the hotel manager telling us there were complaints about our children being too loud. I'm sorry my child was crying (lasted maybe 3min). Next time I will be sure to gag him!?
  • My bumper started to fall off on the drive home- apparently a little fender bender I had with my father's truck didn't do well for my van's bumper. Luckily we were able to stop and get duck tape. Duck tape solves everything :)
  • We managed to have a speedy, smooth drive home and only had to stop once- it was great!





1 comment:

  1. so many fun pictures!! looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete