Saturday, April 7, 2012

Conference Weekend

My best buddy Rebekka is in town from Germany for 3 weeks and in those 3 weeks she has to try and get her whole wedding planned- craziness! So, with such limited time, we ended up spending Conference Saturday wedding dress  shopping. I felt a twinge of guilt for skipping out on Conference but hey, I can read it later, and I wouldn't have missed wedding dress shopping with her for anything. It was way too much fun and I loved seeing how happy the dress she chose made her! Here's one of the dresses she tried on but this was not the winner. We'll save that shot for the wedding day...


On Sunday for General Conference I decided to try out an idea I got from Pinterest. I attached a craft/art activity, or candy to each member of the first presidency and to the apostles (well to the ones who hadn't already spoken on Saturday). Then when one of them spoke Steven and Ben would find their picture, say their name and get to do the activity or eat the treat. I also had a grab bag of things for when other people spoke.


It sounded good in theory and it did work well in distracting Ben. But for Steven, it ended up being annoying. After 2 minutes of the candy or activity he would ask, "Can I look for this person's picture?" I would have to remind him that he just did and he already had the stuff that was attached to it. And of course he continued to ask and pester. It was frustrating and I eventually had to tell him that he wouldn't get anything if he kept asking. Not so sure I'll do it again but at least it did work for Ben...






1 comment:

  1. wow - that's a fun idea from pinterest! too bad it didn't work quite as smoothly as it should. but remember it for future years - i bet steven would do better when he's older!

    ReplyDelete