Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Saturday

This Saturday morning I took the boys to our Ward's Easter Egg Hunt at Spinnaker Bay Park. It was a long wait in line for breakfast that neither of  the boys indulged in but I enjoyed the food. Then they gathered the kids together to tell them the Easter Story, laid down the Easter Egg Hunt rules (only 10 eggs!) and off they went! Steven got about 20 eggs before I got to him and he was quite upset with me for throwing them back out. Thanks to Steven's extras though, Ben was able to get his 10.




Steven, still mad about the loss in loot, just wants to go home


When we got home I boiled some eggs and let the boys dye them. Steven had fun making them different colors and was disappointed that I didn't make more for him to color. Ben just stuck his eggs in the dye and then forgot about them until mommy asked if he wanted them out. Such a goof!








Shown below are the final products which Steven now refers to as his babies. When he accidently cracked one, he insisted it was hatching. I guess he doesn't realize that his mom hard boiled his babies... He also wanted to take them all up to his room for nap time. I'm worried at some point our house is going to smell like rotten eggs due to hiding "babies"



 While we were enjoying our Easter Festivities, Tyler was out on a manly hike with my brother Mike & my cousin Fred. It appears that they enjoyed their bonding time...


1 comment:

  1. you're such a super mom. looks like a fun day. where did you learn to use a wire whip? that looks ingenious!

    ReplyDelete