Sunday, November 13, 2011

Secrets

This week I did something quite unexpected. I bought Tyler an Xbox. He has been begging me to buy him one for many Christmases past AND it was finally at a reasonable price AND it came with a $50 Target Gift Card SO... I relented.


So here it is the beginning of November and I was feeling good- I was done shopping for Tyler. His gift was purchased and I knew he would love it and be totally and utterly surprised. What more could  I want?

Really, I should have known better. It is only the beginning of November and I am horrible at keeping secrets, especially when I encounter unexpected conversations. Like Tyler calling and saying he didn't want the 4GB one (the one I bought) but he would give me some money to put towards the 250GB one if I was really serious about getting him an Xbox. And instead of lying and saying I wasn't planning on it so he could just hold onto his plumbing money, I broke. I ruined the surprise.

As a note to all friends I really am an untrustworthy secret keeper. Really, really, awful at it. Probably about as good as Peter Pettigrew.

So the surprise is ruined and the deal not looking that good in the shadow of a fabulous deal that will occur at Best Buys on Black Friday. If I can get there early enough I may just be returning my recently purchased Xbox. Anybody else want to wait outside of Best Buys Thanksgiving Day? It'll be super fun! And now the stores are all opening at midnight instead of 4am which I think is a wee bit better, although turkey dinner best be a turkey lunch this year...


http://www.blackfriday2011.com/ads/best-buy-black-friday-ads

No comments:

Post a Comment