Friday, July 22, 2016

The Rest of AZ

The Wednesday after the wedding was a super calm day. Tyler's family took him back to the airport because he had to fly back home to work so it was just me and Miss Penny hanging out at my parent's house for the morning. After she got a good nap we headed over to my brother's house and hung out with their family and his wife even fed me, she's such a gem.

The next day was Penny's dental day. Since they would be putting her under with anesthesia she was not allowed to eat or drink anything that morning. She does not do well without food, she usually wants to eat the moment she wakes up and this morning was no different. She woke up at 7, the appointment was at 9:10. It was the longest 2 hours EVER. She cried and screamed for food and I just had to keep telling that sad, sad face no. 


To make matters worse, when we got to the dentist's office, they were running behind. They ended up not taking her back until 10am and that was just more time for me to struggle with trying to calm down my "hangry" baby. After lots of fussing she passed out about 10 minutes before they ended up putting her under. Of course she woke up right before they put her under but the gas they used is amazing stuff. It only took about 30 seconds and she was put out of her hungry misery. 

Everything went smoothly from there and they were able to give her 4 crowns on her 4 front teeth and do fillings on her 2 molars. So much work for my little one and I am so grateful it's all done. 

She did not want to wake up after the dental work was finished and I ended up pushing my sleeping toddler in a cart through Target as I picked up some crackers, fruit pouches and Gatorade for her to eat. As I was checking out from Target she woke up and was very eager to eat all those things but by the time we got back to my parent's house she was sleepy again and as I was unloading the food, this happened:



I'm a good mama so I didn't leave her on the floor, I moved her to the couch and she woke for a minute and then was out again.


When she finally woke up from all her sleeping her teeth did not seem to be bother her one bit and she was actually acting pretty hyper. We ended up going to Mike and Mecca's again and then all of us went to dinner at my favorite place, Mi Amigo's! In Penny's hyper state she did a lot of escaping from the booth and getting into trouble but the food is just so yummy that I didn't mind. After filling our bellies we drove to the nearby mall and let the kids play for a bit in the play area and then we called it a day.

On our last full day in AZ we had breakfast with a girl I used to tutor, Gabby, and her mom. Her mom is very chatty and it was good to catch up with them and hear how well Gabby has been doing in school. Then that afternoon, we hit up a splash pad with my Mike and his family. Penny apparently was not a fan and mostly avoided all the sprayers...



Afterwards Mecca fed us a yummy dinner that included homemade marinara sauce and then we just hung out until it was time to go home for bed. It was a perfect end to our trip!


Mike and Oliver took us to the airport the next morning because they are awesome like that. I was extremely anxious because the last flight had been less than great. Thankfully we got through checking in just fine, said our sad goodbyes and then security went equally smoothly. Unfortunately as I was waiting in line to get Penny some yogurt at Paradise Bakery she started screaming and I knew that was a predecessor for what was to come. She was extremely volatile as we waited to board, one wrong move and she would explode. Same thing once we got on the plane. 

I sat by the window to try and block her in and I think that did help but unfortunately, a rather large guy sat in the middle seat and so we were extra trapped and squishy. The one silver lining was a nice lady who sat in the aisle seat in our row. She was super nice and constantly trying to help out with crazy Penny. Unfortunately Penny could not be helped. When she started her shrill screaming, I walked the aisle with her and managed to get her to sleep for awhile. This was a blessing. But then she woke up from the nap screaming and would not calm down. That was just painful and once again I was so grateful when the plane finally landed. I am not flying with Penny for several years if I can help it, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment