Saturday, December 12, 2015

It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas

So Lucy refuses to take naps when we're at home but inevitably, when we go to pick up Steven and Ben from school, this happens:


I really wish she would nap at home because I could really use an hour break from her to get things done. A few days ago I attempted to wrap Christmas presents for the boys with her around and she not only chopped off a lock of her hair, but she also drew all over her cheeks with a Sharpie. It was not fun.

Wednesday night I had my Bunco group and we were all to wear Ugly Christmas Sweaters. I was too cheap to buy one so I just stuck some Christmas bows on my red sweater. Here's me documenting it with the girls before I left (did you know that Penny is part bat?):


The bows surprisingly stayed on for most of the night, they didn't start falling off until the last round of our game. As for the game itself, I got a Bunco and did super good in the first round and then completely ran out of luck in the last 2 rounds. Because of that good first round my score was too high to be the lowest but because of the bad last rounds it was to low to be the highest so I won no prizes that night. But a good time was had as usual. The photo below is all of us Bunco Babes (we did have 3 people subbing for people who couldn't make it that night, based on lack of Christmas sweaters I bet you can guess who). I absolutely love Ashley's Reindeer sweater that she literally made right before coming (such talent!):


Yesterday I did a little baking for the Ward Christmas Party we are having tonight. Penny loved getting to taste the chocolate cookie dough:


And Lucy loved photobombing Penny's picture:


Last night one of my friends got sealed to her husband and we got to attend the sealing. I love Sealings and I love all the good advice given in them. It was a beautiful Sealing and a nice date night for us. We even got to do a Target run afterwards where I spent too much money but felt better about it because of coupons I used- ha!

Today our high is a whoppin' 59 degrees and since I know from the past 9 years of marriage ain't no lights are going up unless I put them up, I decided it was the perfect day to get them up. Nothing fancy mind you, just mini ones on the top of the porch railing but it still makes me happy. Plus I managed to re-find our outdoor Christmas tree that we purchased many moons ago. So now I feel like our house looks much less Grinchey :)




No comments:

Post a Comment