Saturday, May 3, 2014

Frankenmuth, Michigan

Today we took a trip to Frankenmuth, Michigan to check out the WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTMAS STORE!!! And believe me, it was HUGE! 


It had every ornament that you could possibly imagine, including these gems:


It had a ton of pieces for Christmas Villages, so much cute stuff that I suddenly had a desire to start my own Christmas Village... and then I remembered that my kids would never allow those breakables to remain unbroken in our home:



It even had a small section of the coolest Halloween Village ever:


There was also this huge display of Precious Moments, some Christmas, some not. I have some of them but obviously my collection is lacking:


And this random Statue of Liberty that Steven easily detected was not the real thing:


And here's a picture with me for once. Proof that I actually was there:



Afterwards we went to Frankenmuth River Place Shops. One of the shops had a Mirror Maze that was way overpriced for the smallness of it (though the mirrors make it look deceivingly bigger) but it was still fun. We all took turns walking into a mirror, thinking it was a hallway, and there were a couple times that Steven got far ahead and due to all the Steven reflections, it took me a few tries to find out which one was the real deal:


Our worst nightmare, tons of Benny's and Steven's!!!!


Besides the Mirror Maze, there were lots of cute touristy shops there and I even picked up some yummy fudge. Added bonus, these fun cut outs to pose in:





 L-R: Tyler, Lucy, Ben, Steven:

Nearby the shops was this fun little bridge:



Which we had to cross of course:


When we had arrived at the shops Ben kept saying he saw eyes in the bushes and we thought he was just talking crazy talk, but on our way out, sure enough: 


Overall a super fun day and so worth the one hour drive. I do love exploring new places!


No comments:

Post a Comment