Saturday, February 8, 2014

Doctor's Visits


This week Lucy and I both got to visit the doctor. Lucy's doctor visit did not go so well. Her new doctor was positively awful and we will not be returning to see him. I have seen a variety of doctor's at our pediatric office in Arizona and while I didn't always love them, I never felt so strongly opposed to one before. From the get go, he was just no good. He started off by yelling at her in a very mean tone to look a certain direction or to stop moving. I am sorry but she is 15 months, and she can remember now that the doctor's office equal painful shots so she doesn't like them. And a big, scary, unknown man yelling at her is not going to get her to cooperate. Maybe you could try being nice??

Later, when Ben was getting upset with Lucy because she was trying to take a book from him, the doctor decided to butt in and lectured Benny that Lucy was just a baby and we needed her to be quiet and happy so Benny needed to let her have the book. And yet, moments later he was giving me some unsolicited advice about how to raise my baby so she wasn't a brat and giving me examples of how smart babies are and how easily "trained" they can be. *Vomit*

Anyways, enough venting, here are some fun facts about Lucy at 15 months. She is 32 inches tall which puts her in the 95th percentile. She weighs 23.9 pounds which puts her in the 75th percentile. She loves to toddle after her brothers, kick at snow piles, climb on pretty much anything (I constantly hear "mom she's on the table again!") and she can occasionally be seen dancing to songs. She can say "Cheee" (cheese) "This" "Mama" "Da" "Uh-oh" "Tickle,tickle" "Hi" and "Bye". She can also roar (she does so when she she sees pretty much any animal), she imitates my phone's notification tone and she knows what the fox says ;). She also does a great foot stomping dance when she doesn't get what she wants or is told no. If it wasn't so bratty it would be pretty adorable...

And here's pictures of my baby to be....


Can you make out the alien shaped head on the left and the little arms and hands nearby it? It was so much fun to see this little baby squirming around my tummy and to find out that my baby is healthy. The doctor was nice and very personable. He also likes to talk, a lot. The talking part would've been fine if I didn't have Lucy & Ben who were both in need of a nap (I so miss having people who could watch them for me when I went to these appointments!). But out of his socialness, I did get some restaurant recommendations and some pediatrician recommendations so that was nice :).  I definitely feel good about this office and look forward to meeting all the obgyn's that work there.

And to end this post shall we discuss Michigan weather? I keep hoping it will get warmer... and by warmer I mean like a high of 30's, but no such luck. It continues to be super duper cold and the we continue to get snow. And of course, we had to install stupid Progressive's Snapshot in my van the day before we got lots of snow (it tracks your driving habits to determine if you can get a discount on your insurance). That stinking thing is always beeping at me, and unjustifiably. I know I'm not a great driver but when I'm stuck in the thick snow that the plows have left at the bottom of my driveway I gotta get out somehow and yes that means gunning it. Oh well...Hopefully the forecast doesn't lie and there's really no snow in store until next weekend (especially since Tyler will be out of town all week and I don't know how to use a snow blower)! Fingers crossed!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment