Saturday, October 6, 2012

Current Events

I only have 3 weeks left until my due date and I'm feeling huge. Super sweet people tell me otherwise and claim that my belly is small and cute. People who have never been pregnant and don't realize it's better to lie tell me "Wow! You just look bigger and bigger everytime I see you."  or "Are you sure it's not twins!?" Then there's my doctor who used to tell me how cute my belly was and now makes no comment...Hmmm....

Anyways, Lucy is finally head down (and I'm praying she stays that way) so I am feeling less apprehensive about her arrival and you might say that I have also been nesting a bit.... The boys and I added Lucy's name to the Playroom and bathroom door. We also had to label her door and crib. Of course, I used pink word strips, much to Tyler's disgust :)


I have also been busy decorating & organizing Lucy's room (girls have too much stuff!). It's still not completely finished (the crib needs to be converted back & I'm still on the lookout for some affordable white, light blocking curtains) but it's pretty darn close...




Steven had his first Primary Program this past Sunday- his line was "Nephi was a prophet that you can read about in the Book of Mormon." He was nervous but with some prompting he was able to say his line and he kept his fingers out of his mouth while doing it (trust me that was a big thing for him). However, unless you knew what he was supposed to say most people had no idea what he was saying. My parents and Tyler's mom & sister came to watch him. They got to watch him stand on risers and look lost during the songs, do a butt bump with a fellow child & pick his nose- too much fun ;) 


Steven is sill obsessed with his stuffed animal, Kevin. He loves it more than he loves the real Kevin. The fake Kevin goes everywhere with Steven and if left behind at anyone's house it is quite devastating. Steven even insists that Kevin gets buckled up when in the van- safety first!


Our Ben gets bloody noses like crazy and the other morning he woke up looking like he had been murdered. He must move around a lot at night is all I can say. Tyler felt the bloodiness needed to be documented:



Speaking of noses...Ben has had a runny nose these last couple of days and has decided that his shirts make the best tissues-- or basically anything other than a real tissue. I gave him one once and he shouted "Oww!" and disgustedly tossed it aside and then wiped his nose with his shirt. So what did he do when he had no shirt to wipe his nose on before taking a shower today? He grabbed anything close by- first a random sock than his diaper- ugh! 

The one nice thing I have to say about this sickness (and Steven's had the runny nose too) is that both boys have been sleeping splendidly. It used to not be like that but thanks to Steven's Singulair, Vick's Vapor Rub and a little essential oils "Breathe" in the humidifier- they sleep wonderfully! I've noticed too that keeping the fan off helps- not sure why but it does....


Ben also has a stuffed animal that must travel everywhere with him- his kitty cat. His kitty cat has a nice manly pink ribbon around it's neck (he stole it from Grandma's house). He calls it his "Titty Tat" and just as Steven becomes distraught without Kevin- Ben as of late has been equally distraught without his kitty cat.







2 comments:

  1. Lucy's room is sooo cute! I'm loving that tree mural, is it a vinyl stick on? Target? Jaylee desperately needs something for her one blank wall! Maybe it will go on her christmas list b/c she REALLY wants it :) It's also cute your boys have special lovies! My boys love their blankets me and my Mother in law made for them but they only trabel with them on car rides since they're so huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute decal! I'm excited you finally got one. Everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete