Sunday, March 25, 2012

Nothing But Fun.

This week has been a little nuts. Breezy left us Tuesday morning, as previously posted, and then I subbed for a Kindergarten class Wed, Thurs & Fri (plus I had tutoring Wed & Thurs night). Let's just say by Friday afternoon I was exhausted. Kindergarten teachers are very special people and I seriously idolize them. I don't know how they do it. 27 needy kids with small attention spans and no aides to help was just too much for me. 

But before I began my crazy work week I did share some fun moments with my boys. We did a little crafting and my boys are quite the artists. Steven did some excellent dots with his water colors and Ben loved showing me his phenomenal play-doh creations ;)


 


After all the work I did this week, I was able to reward myself with a little getaway with Tyler. We went and saw a "Fun." concert in Tucson. The lead singer was in a band that I was a bit obsessed with in my college years.I think this concert may have just restarted my obsession....It was WAY too much "fun". And seeing how we are getting old, we much appreciated that there was balcony sitting so that we didn't have to stand for the entire night squished together like sardines.





After the Fun. concert we stayed at a hotel and then the next morning we were able to have breakfast with my friend, Katrin, who lives in Tucson and her husband, Todd and their daughter Anika. It was nice to have time to visit with her and her little family. 

We then headed back home and saw "The Hunger Games" with Mike & Rebecca and my cousin Fred & Damon. It was a great movie and I think it did justice to the books. Afterwards, we went to Red Robins with Mike & Rebecca and then picked up some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for the Saint (aka Mariah) that watched our children all weekend.

It was literally a fun little escape and worth every penny! 



No comments:

Post a Comment