Sunday, June 4, 2023

End of Soccer

 Sunday after church Mariah's family had us over for dinner. They had Hawaiian chicken and it was very good, Jeff is an excellent cook. They also had a pony keg of root beer and even though I usually stay away from soda, I decided to try this soda and it was some really good root beer. The kids had a good time playing with Jeff and Mariah's kids and then fighting Jeff in Smash Brothers- he completely smashed them.

Monday was Memorial Day. I spent a lot of the day organizing some more and cleaning up the house. Steven helped me build a cube storage for the guest room and a cart for the baby's room. It was really nice of him. That afternoon we invited friends and family over to our beach- Bloomfields, Eakins, Mays, and Jones. Everyone just brought their own food and we hung out. It was an ok time. My friends sat under the ramada for a long while and somehow I ended up alone at the beach making sure children didn't drown- as if I would be much help with my fat belly. But near the end Brother Eakins swum out to the dock and challenged all the kids to push him off. It was pretty entertaining to watch. Once David got involved they were finally able to "dethrone" him. Steven was not into it but Lucy and Ben gave some valiant efforts.

Tuesday the girls had friends over. Penny's new friend from school, Mimi, came over with her mom. Her mom insisted on staying. She is from Japan orginally so we talked a lot about things in Japan- everything from how you read a book to health insurance, lol. It was actually really interesting to converse with her. After she left I took Penny, Lucy and Lucy's friend, Claire, to the beach for a short bit. It wasn't too hot in the shade and they all had a good time while I worked on some thank you notes. 

Wednesday Ben went with me to run some errands and pick up a bench to go in the old seminary room. The bench was heavier than I expected so we had a bit of a hard time hefting it into my car and may have broken one of the legs. Thankfully the legs are super short and unnecessary so I will probably just break them all off and it will be fine. That night Ben had a soccer game and I had Tyler take him since it was pretty warm outside. I took the other kids to seminary graduation which was their Wed night activity. While we were there Tyler sent me a text that he was taking Ben to the hospital. This freaked me out so we left the graduation, blame it on pregnancy hormones. Poor Ben got kicked in the groin by someone wearing cleats. He ended up with a cut where his penis meets his body. Talk about a painful and awkward injury. ER said it looked to be ok but to double check with a urologist.

Thursday I went to the dentist and my poor sensitive gums took a beating but the hygienist was very friendly and fun to chat with. She has a high school freshman and a husband who works in the education field so there's plenty to chat about. After getting my teeth cleaned, I went straight to my obgyn appointment. My midwife measured my tummy and listened to Ruby's heartbeat and everything is good. I feel like she has been less helpful lately so I don't bother her with all my aches and pains. She was supposed to give a chiropractor referral and never did. When I got home Penny helped me put together the new cage I got for our birds. It is less wide and on wheels, I really like it. The birds are adjusting, they don't love it yet. That evening the girls had their last soccer practice. I hid out in the library as per usual and when I came back to get the girls, I found out I was the last parent there. Apparently they had let them out early because it was so warm outside. Ugh, I hate when people have to wait on me.  

Friday was another busy day. That morning I took Ben to the urologist to get his bits and pieces checked. The dr took a look and said everything is healing fine and nothing vital was hit. They just recommeneded putting ointment on it and it would be fine. *phew* After that I came home and then Penny went with me to pick up a changing pad for Ruby from someone on FB marketplace. It was a bit of a drive but a good deal. When I got home, Grace came by and gave me some rearranging, decorating help for the old seminary room. She is really good at interior decorating and I love the way she arranged things. She also gave me some good advice on picking an area rug so I think I will get it right this time. When she left, Ashlee dropped off her 2 year old, June. The girls had been so excited to watch her but realized toddlers are a bit of work. Mariah and her kids also came over so it was quite the party at our house. 

That night, the girls and I went to see Abbie's senior showcase (a yw from church). I did not realize it was going to be so long so it was a late night for the girls but a lot of the musical numbers were good listens- although some pepole were more on key than others. Abbie was amazing as per usual though.



Saturday morning the girls had a soccer game and it was soooo hot. Mariah was amazing and came with her 3 kids to watch but her youngest was just so miserable in the heat. I felt so bad. At the very end of the girls' game, 2 goals were scored and the game ended in a tie. The girls got awards for being the most improved. I agree with that award, they have improved!



I was in major need of a shower after that game. That afternoon, Corinne came to see me- she drove all the way from Indiana. She brought her 8 month old, Della. We went to the grocery store, chatted while she made me a banana pie (she said that was one of my baby shower gifts), we had Tyler watch Della while we went to Arby's for dinner and then hung out some more. Della was really fussy most of the time so the girls are starting to wonder how much they really want a baby sister ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment