Saturday, June 4, 2016

Mariah's Wedding,Cranbrook Museum

Since Tyler left for the wedding before me, I was on my own Sunday. Somehow I made it through church by myself with very little incidents but I was not so lucky once we got home. The kids were crazy! Steven had some major attitude and ended up in his room for awhile. While he was in his room, things seemed to calm down and Lucy and Benny shared this really fun moment where they took turns being Doctor & patient. It was the cutest thing:


Sunday night the girls did not want to sleep, I think Lucy was just too excited about getting to spend the night at her best friend Audrey's house. They were turning on the lights, Lucy was getting into Penny's crib and they were giggling like crazy. I finally got smart and put Lucy in my bed and about 9:45 at night, Lucy and Penny were finally both asleep.

Monday morning it was my turn to head to AZ for the wedding. I dropped the girls off with the Chappell's and the boys off with the Hess's. We are so lucky to have such great friends that are willing to help us and watch our kids. Then I headed to the airport. My mom had got me all stressed that I was going to have a hard time finding a parking spot or that I was going to be in TSA for hours. In reality everything went so smoothly, I found a spot to park immediately and their were only a few people ahead of me in security. I ended up being over 2 hours early for my flight. That was ok though. I started to get a really bad migraine so I had plenty of time to buy water and Tylenol and close my eyes before getting on the plane. 

My flight landed in AZ early but I am blessed with a timely family so Mike was already there to pick me up. I'm glad he came inside to get me because my migraine was returning and it would have been hard to deal with my spotty vision and trying to find his car outside. 

Then we headed to Mi Amigo's, oh how I had been missing good Mexican food, where we met my parents and his wife for a late lunch. It was delicious as always and it was so nice to see all my family again.


After eating our food we went to Mike's home so I could see his kids (and so I could lay on their floor and complain about how tired I was ;)). I hadn't seem Lillian since she was a baby and it was crazy how much she had grown! Tyler met us over there and he enjoyed making faces with Lillian:


That night we had the Groom's Dinner and I got to surprise Mariah since she had no idea I was going to make it to her wedding after all. She gives the best reactions, a giant hug and tears of joy. I sure do love Tyler's sister! The dinner was yummy (more mexican food!) and I enjoyed seeing all of Tyler's family. I also felt such appreciation that I didn't have our kids there, it would have been so hard to wrangle them at a nice dinner and keep them out of the fountain and pool that was there. 


On Tuesday I was pooped, I didn't sleep well and the time difference was mucking me up but thankfully we had a pretty relaxing morning. I got to watch Tyler's dad practice his Father/Daughter dance, it was hilarious perfection! Then I got to go get a slip that would lengthen my dress so it wasn't too scandalous and then I had my sister-in-laws do my hair and paid someone to do my make up- aren't I so fancy? I felt way overdone and I wasn't a fan of the purple lipstick but I also never wear any makeup so it was a huge adjustment to see myself like that. I did get some compliments so that was nice :)


The wedding was at 2:15 and we made it just in time, that's really the Hatch way. The sealing was sweet and emotional, afterwards we took a few pictures in the hot sun (but not as many as I thought we might) and then we headed to The Elegant Barn which was a pretty little reception venue. I helped a bit with setting up centerpieces and Tyler worked hard at flexing his muscles with Reese.


Here are some more fun pictures of me all dolled up:


The reception was a Hatch Party, lots of dancing and craziness. I do not love dancing, I always feel SO awkward but I did my best to participate in some dancing so I didn't seem like a total recluse. But I must admit that when the party ended, I was quite relieved. I am lame, I know, but dancing is really not my thing! When it ended we grabbed a bite to eat and then hit the hay, we were pooped.

Wednesday morning was nice and lazy. We packed up, I went shopping with Jezerea for a bridesmaid dress for her wedding, I had lunch at Kneaders with my parents and Mike's family and then it was back to the airport for us. Tyler and I had a pretty good wait in security but we still made our flight in plenty of time and once in the plane, we even managed to switch seats so we could sit by each other. All went perfectly perfect.

Since we didn't get home until midnight, we didn't pick up the kids until Thursday morning. The boys were less than thrilled to see me, they had been having way too much fun at their friends house. Lucy was happy to see me and I think Penny was too, she just had a funny way of showing me. All the kids did really well while we were away except Penny. Apparently she got really sad when she woke up Tuesday morning and realized she was still at the Chappell's home. Poor Penny, poor Chappell's.


I figured after being away for 3 days we needed some family time so Friday after school we took the kids to the Cranbrook Museum-- an added bonus was that first Fridays were FREE admission! It was a great idea because we really did have a blast! There was a mammoth, a giant bear, pretty rocks (Steven especially loved the rocks even though he refused to get his picture with them), T-Rex bones, and a catapult (which Tyler was so proud because nobody could figure out how to make work but him). Good solid fun:





No comments:

Post a Comment