Saturday, February 28, 2015

Perler Beads, Sharpie Markers& Other Things


Penelope had her 6 months appointment this week and I can't believe how much she is growing. She's gained 2 pounds since her last appointment at the end of December! She now weighs 15 pounds 7 ounces and she is 26 inches long. I blame the growth on all her late night feedings- she still typically wakes up twice a night :( 

This week Penelope also started rolling over- both tummy to back and back to tummy. Whenever she rolls onto her tummy she immediately starts fussing, she absolutely hates being on her tummy. Also this week, Penny discovered that she enjoys the taste of her feet: 


As for Steven and Ben, they developed an obsession with Perler Beads this week:




They discovered Perler Beads when they went to our neighbor's house last weekend. They had so much fun with them there that I decided to buy some for our house. T'm glad I did because it keeps them very entertained on these cold days (yes- it's still ridiculously cold outside!). 

However, the only thing entertaining about Perler Beads to Lucy is how "pretty" they look when she throws them everywhere. She is not to be trusted with them. But we do trust her with pencils, see:


Benjamin had quite a week. He practiced writing his name a lot:


He also practiced drawing with Sharpie on the bathroom counter, the toilet and the walls in his bathroom and his room:


You can't see any of it in this picture but trust me, it was there. It was EVERYWHERE! I had a major flip out and thought for sure our Land Lord was going to kick us out but thanks to Google, I discovered the miraculous power of hand sanitizer and all was well.

Ben also went to a birthday party this week (a son of someone I visit teach). I think it's safe to say he had a good time:



On a totally random note, how chubby does Lucy look in this picture!?:


And as we end this week, we have to say goodbye to Grams. We have been so blessed to have her here this whole month and life is going to be tough without her. She has been a huge help and a friend to me. BUT I know she is super excited to be warm again and I know she can't stay with us forever so...So long, farewell! We love you Grams! 





No comments:

Post a Comment