Friday, January 2, 2015

Anniversary

This year we decided to break from our typical fancy dinner anniversary dates and do something a little more fun-- we went ice skating! I had never been before, basically because I am one big fat chicken who was too scared of embarrassing herself in front of strangers, but I figured we're in Michigan, the land of infinite outdoor skating rinks and it was time to get brave. Plus what could be more romantic than holding hands and ice skating!?

Well, for once I was right and it turned out to be a very romantic and fun date. We went to Campus Martius in downtown Detroit which is world famous! Ok, probably not but it is Michigan famous. Everyone who is anyone has been there. The rink is surrounded by old, tall buildings and there is a huge real Christmas tree at the front of it. Makes for a pretty scene while ice skating.

Tyler, of course, is an excellent skater and could have skated circles around me (plenty of little kids did) but instead he held my hand and kept me (for the most part) from falling down. It's true, I did fall down once. I started to get a bit confident, silly me and I almost took Tyler down with me. It was pretty ungraceful and pretty much the whole rink witnessed it BUT still fun. I don't think I'll ever be an ice skater extraordinaire but so worth the experience:



Here he is, being my Prince Charming, and helping tighten up my ice skates:


I think I am funny:


Tyler acting dignified in front of a nearby statue:


Afterwards we stopped by a diner that was recommended by a TV show so we figured it had to be a hit. I got dessert (a cookies doused in ice cream and hot fudge) and Tyler got linner (fish and chips) and the food got our thumbs up. Good stuff!

All in all it was a great anniversary date! 9 years down and an eternity left with this man. How lucky am I??



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Tyler IS a charmer! Tightened your laces and held your hand? Last time we went skating was on our cruise and Loren (who also danced and twirled circles around me) liked flinging me so hard I almost fell and pretty sure laughed with everyone else when I fell

    ReplyDelete