Saturday, February 11, 2012

Angry Birds!

Poor Steven was not feeling well on his 4th Birthday. His teeth were still hurting him after all the dental work he had just gotten, he was on Amoxicillin for a sinus infection, and his asthma has been bothering him lately. All those factors combined to make one, very unhappy, very cranky, birthday boy. 

Me, I was so excited to FINALLY be home with my baby on his birthday and was ready to take him anywhere he wanted to go and feed him any junk he wanted but it didn't work that way. Due to the above factors we spent most of the day on the couch watching TV. We only made two ventures out. One to the local park where he mostly sat and dug in the sand. The other to McDonalds where he spent most of the time sitting with me and only ate 2 chicken nuggets.

I was worried that the party would be a major bummer because of his negative attitude but it still was still a success! He only had a couple cranky moments and overall he seemed to enjoy it lots! I shouldn't have been surprised seeing how his 2 best friends, Colin & Logan were in attendance. Here are loads of pictures from Steven's Fabulous Angry Bird Party...



I had some boxes set up in the yard which the boys had fun knocking down with the Angry Bird dolls Rebecca had made for me. When the dolls wouldn't work they used their own forces. They seemed to enjoy it so thoroughly that by the time I remembered to take a picture of it, it was destroyed! Next the boys made awesome Angry Bird Pigs:

His cousin Bryson


His buddies, Logan & Colin

His cousin Brennen

His best friend Colin

Then they played Pin the Beak on the Angry Bird. Some boys cheated and were able to get pretty close while those who played honestly, had some troubles:





Then it was time to blow out the candles. When asked how old he was now, Steven held up 3 fingers and said, "4!" OOps!





Afterwards, it was time to open the presents. I have never seen Steven open presents quite that fast. He would tear it open, glance at it and then on to the next. He was done in one minute flat:



Afterwards, the boys tore open the boxes the toys were in, like a pack of hungry wolves, and got down to some serious playing business. I think all of Steven's gifts were major hits (razor scooter, monster truck jam, USS Scuba rocket ship, hamburger play-doh, t-ball., cookies, Angry Bird Piggie Pillow...My kid was spoiled rotten):


And while the kids played, the rest of us enjoyed the cake and ice cream and mingled.

Rebecca (and little Blueberry, enjoying some eats)

Grandma Brady

Poppy reading Steven's new book.

My cousin Fred striking a pose

Even the decorations enjoyed "hanging out"



And when it came time to go, everyone was given some "Angry Bird Poop":


I'm grateful to Pinterest for giving me all these excellent ideas! And I am grateful that I have been blessed with this 4 year old who keeps my life interesting. I love that boy, even when he's cranky ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment