Monday, August 12, 2024

39 and Milford Memories

 Monday evening Lucy had her friends Claire and Geli over for a sleepover. She wants to have a sleepover pretty much every time she has a friend over but I do not like to host very often, probably because I feel this need to be an extra awesome host and that unnecessary pressure takes a lot from me. It went pretty smoothly though. We had pizza rolls for dinner, they made cupcakes for dessert, they walked the nieghborhood chatting and then we rented and watched "The Fall Guy." I had been wanting to watch it for a bit and so had Lucy. The first half of the movie made me question if we should have picked it- it was mushy and a bit inappropriate (the fall guy was drugged and went on a bit of a psychedelic trip). But the second half got more fun and less awkward and all the kids seemed to enjoy it. After the movie I told them to stay out of my hair so that was the end of the night for me.

Tuesday morning I made the kids waffles and then they came with me to run a couple errands- The Dollar Tree and Party City. We are doing an early birthday party for Penny and I needed to get some things. At the Dollar Tree I bought them some candy and crafts to paint. At Party City they terrified Ruby with some masks and then tried on some cute hats. I also got lucky and the stuff I needed for Penny's party was all half off. I love a good deal! Then it was back to our house where the kids painted their Dollar Tree crafts and had a good time until parents picked them up that afternoon.


After Lucy's friend left we went to the library so Ruby could get some wiggles out- it had been a rainy day. Ben had fun dressing her up. She kept some of the costumes on for a bit before tearing them off. She had the most fun with the little alphabet magnetic board, just slowly moving the letters with her magic pen. She was so serious and focused. It was adorable but she was also super unhappy to leave it. 




Tuesday night we got tickets to see "Twisters". We didn't realize Ben had soccer conditioning that night and he was really bummed that he couldn't go with us. That meant we had an extra ticket so we invited Reggie to go with us. Penny and him were not so good at staying quiet during the movie. She said that he just kept talking to her and she didn't want to be rude. Ha! I am sure she was initiating the chatting too. They are really cute but I do not want to encourage anything more than friendship with those cuties. The movie was super predictable- I was really good at calling what was going to happen- but it was a really fun watch. I enjoyed it and would watch it again. I think the kids liked it too, there was plenty of tornado action.



Wednesday,after weeks of not working out, I did a work out. Man was I sore afterwards but I was proud of myself for getting back at it. Ben had an emotional morning- he felt like soccer was ruining his life- so I told him to invite some friends over. AJ ended coming over and just like that, he was cured of the sadness. The rest of the day was not super exciting. I did some back to school shopping with the girls during one of Ruby's nap. Both girls managed to find new backpacks that they liked. I am not sure why I got them new backpacks when they are only going to school once a week this year and had old ones that could be used.... I guess it's just because I remember how much I loved getting new things for the new school year.

Thursday was my birthday. Tyler was good and woke up early to go get me some fancy doughnuts from The Daily Dozen. They did not have a few of the flavors that I really really wanted but they still had some good ones. They make a good French Cruller and Cider Mill doughnut. The kids really liked the Red Velvet and Samoa. Tyler went off to work and it was just another day until he came home. My close friends are awful with my birthday. It's frustrating because I always try to make their birthdays special and they completely ignore mine. I got a one line text from Caroline and a late night text from Grace (although she dropped off a gift the next day that was thoughtful and nice) and of course, no acknowledgement from Melissa. I got more love from other people- my minister dropped off doughnuts (yay to more doughnuts!), and my friend Corrine who lives in Indiana sent me an Arby's giftcard and a cute cactus blanket. I wish I didn't care but I do...

Tyler came home in the early afternoon and we went to Dave and Busters to play arcade games per my request. I had had fun at the arcade in Arizona and this just felt like a good way to spend my birthday. It was a lot of fun to play games with the kids and I found out that Ben is really good at getting tickets. I had fun with the car and motorcycle racing games- I even got Steven to race me and it was a close race. I had fun playing a ghostbuster game with both girls- even if we couldn't defeat the stay puft marshmallow man. There was this funny hungry hippos game that Ruby got to play with Tyler and the other kids. In the end we pooled all our tickets together- we had 1,114 tickets- and the kids got Ruby a Pikachu stuffie, and a Mario stuffie and we got Tyler Fun Dip since he didn't get to play much since he was on baby duty. Once we got back I made a quick dinner for the kids, and fed Ruby. Then Tyler and I went to The Filling Station for dinner- it has this really amazing chicken burger with coleslaw and honey sauce and is never super busy which is nice. Afterwards I got the birthday song with a lit up doughnut- Tyler tried to use trick candles but they didn't work, ha! And to end the night we watched the movie "Frequency" while I built the awesome Lego plant Tyler got me!





Friday we headed out early for Milford Memories. I picked up Claire and Andrea so it was me plus 6 kids (Steven did not come). We managed to find a spot just one street back from where we used to live so not super far. Then we walked to the park where the kids played for a little bit. They had remodeled the park and there are more trails and seating, it looks nice. Right by the park was the kid's tent. Even the teens had some fun there- getting lollipops and prizes ;). The youngers did some coloring and crafts. After that I got all the kids shaved ice. I had a scary moment where I thought I lost my credit card. I even called the last store I was at and sat on hold for 8 minutes to find out they didn't have it. Turns out the card was just in a different pocket in my backpack *phew!* Good thing I had Tyler's card to use while I went on this hunt ;) When we finished with the shaved ice we just strolled all the craft booths. I think there were even more booths than there usually is. Claire and Lucy got fun crochet animals from the kids area but those were the only things bought besides food. As we were walking a woman was giving away fly swatters and Ben really wanted one because he is a goof ball. Unfortunately she kept passing by us. Andrea said she should go up to her and shout "Wow! A fly swatter! I have always wanted one!" I told her I would give her a dollar if she did that...and she did! I lost a dollar and Ben got his fly swatter.



Later on Friday, Lucy and her friend Claire decided they wanted to earn money and they pulled out the massive amount of weeds in our front yard planter. Tyler went and got mulch to put in the now empty bed. It was funny how we have had this mess all summer and within an hour it was all gone. Looks better now. That night we watched another old movie "The Count of Monte Cristo" I love introducing my kids to old movies that I liked. Ben was all about the revenge.

Saturday I got to go do some kid free shopping at Kohl's with a giftcard that my mother in law had given me for my birthday, It was really nice to do some guilt free shopping and now that summer is over, I finally have a summer wardrobe (now that it's almost over)that I reall love, ha. Then that afternoon we went to Marin's graduation party. We didn't know anyone there besides her family and of course everyone was busy chatting with all the incoming people so we did not stay long at all. We ate some food (they had fruit salsa and cinnamon chips- so good!) and played the lawn games. I had a really good round of redneck golf but Tyler still beat me. And then we left. Lucy was not happy because she was having a blast with her friend Jenna. It is nice that she has maintained that friendship so when she goes to high school she will know someone. Later that day I went and got the girls new shoes at Skechers. Penny hadn't bought any since the last school year so she really needed some. She chose some bright pink ones so I will never lose her again. Lucy went the other direction and picked some black slide ons. Then I used another birthday giftcard and got Arby's for dinner. Had to take a pic to thank my friend...


No comments:

Post a Comment