Friday, February 2, 2024

Snow and Oil

Sunday I taught my first primary class and they were a wee bit wild but it's such a short time that it really doesn't bother me. They had fun but I'm just not sure I did a good job of actually getting the spiritual message I was going for out there. I've got to figure out how to balance the spiritual and the fun. This coming Sunday I will be teaching the parents in the Ward so that will be a whole new adventure. Sunday night we celebrated Mariah's birthday. We had tacos and butterfinger cake. I think she felt loved. It was wild chaos with all the kids per usual. 

Monday I had another visit to the dentist. This time was to get my temporary crown. They did not numb me up quite as much this time but he killed the gums around my tooth. The dentist is not my favorite place to go.

Tuesday morning we had a good snow and ironically this time they did not give us a snow day. The roads were awful and it took an extra 15 mins to get the kids to school. My tires lost traction a couple times, scaring the poo out of me. BUT it was nice to have the kids at school and have some quiet time with Ruby. Caroline was super nice and picked up my kids for me so I didn't have to deal with more driving on bad roads again. 

Wednesday the kids built a snowman and snow babies and they made sure to give them butt cracks per Poppy Hatch's request.  



While they were busy making snowmen, I was busy cleaning out couches and behind things. This was inspired by a lost school book. While looking for it, I realized how gross the nooks and crannies of our house had become. 

That afternoon Steven had his second road test and this time was a success! We celebrated by having his favorite, Subway, for dinner. The Subway by our house had some major slow issues so it took an extra bit but the (toothless) lady was nice and used some coupons for us to make it slightly cheaper. 


Thursday while waiting in the car drop off line for school, Lucy made an epic mistake and stepped on a bottle of engine oil. There was oil all over her shoes and the carpet in the back of the car. I took out the removable rugs, wiped up what I could and then, thinking I was clever, put baking soda on it. The baking soda became an awful paste that I then had to try to wipe/ vacuum off. However, I think it did help with the smell...After all that Fiasco I cleaned out the guest room while Ruby napped and then when she woke up I got some lThovely gravel stuff from the auto store to try another angle with removing the oil spill.

Friday the girls had a reading test at their school. Normally they take like 10 minutes and annoy me because I have to drive all the way out their for a 10 minute test. Well apparently this time they couldn't find the book for Lucy to read (missing books seem to be a theme for me this week) and instead it took 40 mins. I wish I could have had a heads up that it was going to take so long. Afterwards we hit up Old Navy for leggings (because Penny's leggings all had holes) and got some really good deals. I got a couple pairs that were only $1.75. Then that night we watched Mariah's kids so her and Jeff could go out on a date. Redd was funny and drew a pic and said I wasn't in it because I was in heaven. I asked him if that meant I was dead and he just kept saying no, I was in heaven. Still think that sounds like he killed me....

Saturday I went to Target to find some shirts to match the leggings I had bought for the girls, lol. Once again I got some good clearance deals. I spent the rest of the day getting things done around the house. The kids were all over the place. Lucy was gone all day at a friend's house. Ben had two friends over. Steven and Tyler were off at an archery tournament. Steven got a 232 and a 241, he is really improving. And Penny and Ruby got to hang out with me.We did do a trip to the library where we saw a giant, floofy dog that kids were reading to. We heard its owner say that it weighs 92 pounds. That's a big dog. 

Ruby had a pretty good week as far as sleeping goes. Mostly just waking up once at night. I am hoping she sticks with that. I feel like walks outside help so we just have to bundle up and go out in the cold. I have stopped pumping and now only nurse when she wakes in the night. I didn't think I would be sad about stopping nursing but oddly I am. It is so exhausting and time consuming and I don't miss that aspect. But I do miss the one on one quiet time with Ruby. Ruby also turned 6 months this week. I still try solids here and there with Ruby and she has become pretty set on only eating banana consistently. Sometimes I can get her to eat baby oatmeal and I wasn't too successful with sweet potatoes. She still only rolls belly to back. Sometimes she gets close to rolling from her back to belly but then she quits. My kids are never much into hitting developmental milestones early...let alone on time. It is hard not to worry about that. There was a baby at the girls volleyball practice that was smaller than Ruby and crawling about and climbing on things. Maybe my babies are just to chubby, but my babies sure are cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment