Saturday, November 4, 2023

Trick or Treat and Lucy Turns 11

Sunday I ended up chatting in the nursing lounge with the only other nursing mom in the Ward. She lives with her husband's family and her mil seems a little controlling,  although she would never say that. Makes me grateful for our own home and for a non controlling mil. After sacrament I ended up chatting with a friend who had moved 6 years ago but was back for a visit. Honestly we were not super close when she lived here but after catching up with her, I wish I had gotten to know her better when she was here. She was really down to earth and much nicer than some of the friends I had at that time. After church we rushed home so Ben could change and go to his last soccer game. I was staying home with Ruby but apparently I should've gone to help navigate because Tyler got so lost that they missed the game. I guess that's what we get for trying to break the sabbath :/

On Monday Tyler had Jury Summons so I basically planned to just survive the day. Ruby ended up having a really good day though so I was actually able to get quite a bit done. I wish I could figure out why some days are better than others but I will just find joy in the good days for now. Also on Monday, Lucy started volleyball. We had tried to get her on her friend's team but failed. However, they did a get to know you activity and Lucy said her team seemed fun.

Tuesday was Halloween! The kids all had school and got to wear their costumes. Nothing fancy year but plenty cute.




While the kids were at school I went to Grace's for lunch. Melissa and Caroline were there as well. We all had a good vent and I got to admire Grace's cute Halloween decor. I feel like my house has too much stuff for me to be able to decorate that nice. After school Steven took off to Max's (as per tradition) and I attempted to make a fun Halloween dinner- monster sandwiches. But the sandwiches had olives for eyes so obviously none of us would eat those. Still they were cute.



The weather for trick or treating that night was sooo cold and it even snowed. Ruby really hated her dragon costume so I ended up taking her out of it before we even left. Mariah came over and did the girl's makeup while Jeff took her kids to get dinner. Then once they were back and the May family was here, it was time to trick or treat. I put Ruby in her pumpkin costume and I only took her to one house- Sharon's. After that Tyler went off with the other kids while I passed candy with Caroline. Well mostly, Caroline passed candy because I was busy with Ruby. I guess Mariah's kids were slower trick or treating and they ended up seperating from everyone else. Mariah's kids were also sick so I think she was trying to keep them seperate anyways. She really worries about germs. Much more than I do.  








Tuesday was Lucy's birthday so she got to open presents as soon as she woke up. Her big gift this year was a Polaroid Camera. The camera and film was all that we got her. My parents got her a doll tent and then a gift that someone had given her at her party. She ended up returning the repeat gift for a Target gift card. Tyler's parents got her a camera cover, camera strap, photo album, and photo film. We totally forgot to take a pic of all the gifts but here is a belated pic of a couple things.


For lunch Mariah came over but her kids were still sick so she was hesitant to leave her car. So Tyler and Lucy hopped in and they went and got some Taco Bell and then she came inside but only for a short bit. Just long enough to eat and sing happy birthday to Lucy.


That afternoon Lucy went to Target with Claire to spend her birthday money and gift cards. Maybe she is finally growing up because she didn't spend it all at once like she tends to do. The only thing she got was an LOL Tween Doll so she is still fairly rich for once. Afterwards I took them back to our house so they could hang out. That evening Lucy had activity days where they had an un-birthday party for all the girls. A little weird that they chose to do that on her actual birthday but ok. I think she still had fun.

Thursday morning Tyler was nice and took the kids (and Ruby) to school. It was the first time in a long while that I had the house to myself, it was nice. Also on Thursday, Steven started archery. I am excited to see how it goes for him. It is something he is good at and he usually doesn't complain too much about it. His first competition will be next weekend.

Friday and Saturday I just might have got started with running some errands for Christmas. I know everything will take longer with a baby so getting started early seems smart. But also, I love being a planner aheader. And double also I love shopping. Penny joined me on my errands Friday but when I invited her Saturday she declared that I took too long shopping and she was not interested, lol. She did have some fun taking selfies while we were shopping Friday though.



Saturday night, Tyler and I (and Ruby) went on a date to Culver's. We are so romantical. 

And Ruby is 3 months now!


No comments:

Post a Comment