Sunday, February 19, 2023

Valentine's Day

On Sunday both boys got set apart in their new callings- Ben as Deacon President and Steven as Teacher first counselor. With only 3 boys in the Deacons Quorum and 3 in the Teachers Quorum, it was inevitable they would both be called to something. We'll see how they do in their new callings.

Monday I was supposed to go on a walk with my pregnant friend, Julie, but she ended up in the hospital with premature labor (she's 25 weeks along). Thankfully they were able to stop the contractions and now she is on modified bed rest. The whole thing gave me even more anxiety (is that possible?). How am I supposed to feel safe at 15 weeks when friends are having issues at 25 weeks? Anyways that is my own problem. I am grateful everything turned out ok for her and I hope she is able to make it to her due date. While I was feeling anxious for my friend, Lucy and I went on a walk to the library. It was a beautiful day and the walk really helped me feel better.

Tuesday was Valentine's Day. I made some of my heart sugar cookies for my seminary class but I undercooked them so they weren't as good as usual. I don't know what it is but I swear when I am pregnant my baking/cooking skills suffer. Nothing ever comes out quite right. For my own kids they each got a little "love gift" and some candy and a homemade card. It is a tradition that they still look forward to. The girls made me and Tyler a homemade card, it was very sweet. (I failed to get a pic of Steven)





Tyler was nice and made me my favorite crepes for breakfast and then we went out to Arby's for lunch. That was the extent of our romantic day. That evening Tyler and Steven had Robotic's Club so there were no dates to be had but that's ok. Everything is always extra crowded on Valentine's Day.

Wednesday after we finished our school work, we had the task of buying gifts for birthday parties. The kids have 4 parties in the next 2 weeks. Apparently a lot of people were born in February. We went to Five and Below but they didn't have anything good for their friends so we ended up at Target where we had success. 

Thursday evening I had Bunco at Nancy's house. We had some super fun freezing rain which made the sidewalks like an ice skating rink. I had to take baby steps to get into Nancy's house safely. I have found with Bunco that when the prizes are nothing I am super thrilled about, I do really good. Tonight was no different. I got 2 Bunco's (haven't had one in forever) and ended up with the highest score. I took home two little Valentine's decorations that were cute but I don't really need more knick knacks. I have been trying to root through some of our junk spots in our house this past week so I wasn't thrilled with the idea of bringing home more things. Anyways we ended Bunco a little earlier than normal since we were concerned the roads might get bad due to the freezing rain. Nancy was unhappy about this, she really thrives on time with us Bunco ladies. Thankfully the roads weren't bad, the only bad thing is I need new windshield wipers. They were less effective.

After many nights of 4-5 hours of sleep, Friday night I finally mostly slept through the night. Plus school got cancelled Friday (due to icy roads) so with no seminary I was really able to catch up on sleep. It was amazing and I felt like a whole new person, even my anxiety was lessened. Since then, I have honestly been feeling a lot better, not perfect, but better. 

Saturday I took the 3 younger kids to the mall so I could get a walk in and of course, so I could eat some pretzels. It was a nice little outing with the kids and it felt good to finally be up for one. Later I had to take Penny to a birthday party for a friend at school and my anxiety returned some. I hate going to new places with people I don't know. Thankfully I didn't have to stay at the party so I went to a nearby Target and then got some Wendy's for dinner. And thankfully the anxiety didn't stick around quite as severely as it has in the past. When I picked Penny up she informed me that it was the best birthday party ever. They had done Nerf gun wars and then had pizza and ice cream. She spent the whole drive home talking my ear off about all the birthday party things. I am glad she had a good time. I wish Steven had that kind of excitement for things. 2 months in and he still hates Robotics Club. We are apparently torturing him by making him participate in it. The competition is in a couple weeks and it will be interesting to see if he still hates it after that, especially if they do well in the competition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment