Saturday, October 30, 2021

Pumpkins, Skeletons, Lucy's birthday

 On Sunday the kids carved their pumpkins...inside the house because it was raining for the billionth time. We have had so much rain lately.Usually I am super involved in the process, but this year they all scooped out the guts themselves. Then Tyler used one of his tools to help the girls carve their designs and the boys carved their own pumpkins. And I made dinner while they were all working on their pumpkins. It was a nice change of pace.

 




On Monday the kids didn't have too much school work so I wanted to get outside and do something but unfortunately it was raining again. So instead we went and saw the movie "Ron's Gone Wrong." I had discovered we still had a giftcard to the theater that we had gotten right before Covid hit so that was a pleasant surprise. The movie was fun and the kids seemed to enjoy it.

On Wednesday Tyler and I had a inservice training for Seminary at lunchtime. It was both good and not so good. It had some good ideas but also left me feeling like I should be doing more or doing some things differently. I am super hard on myself and also really good at overanalyzing every lesson. Anxiety is the worst.

After the seminary training, we met up with the Mays in Northville to see the skeletons. It was fairly chilly but still a good time. We played at the nearby park, posed with lots of skeletons, got some candy at a candy shop and then played some games that a store had set up outside. 

 







After we finished up in Northville we tried to pick up an archery target for Steven's activity that night but the store didn't have any so Tyler had to go hunt one down. By that time it was getting close to time for the activities to start so the kids and I picked up some pizza on our way home, no time to cook. I took Ben to his activity at the church and got to hang out with my friends who were there. Also got frustrated that this family keeps coming to church and activities even though their mom has covid. I know I am not a big person on taking precautions with covid but that feels a little much. Just stay home.

Then after I got back from the activity I did a spontaneous hang out with one of my friends. Honestly I was worried about her and the fact that her husband started his job in Indiana 4 months ago and they have a house there and she's still working on projects on her house here and hasn't moved. I thought maybe there was more behind it but after hanging out with her, I think it's just her usual crazy, lol. We're all crazy I guess...But apparently she thinks she'll have it on the market next week. After seeing it though, I have my doubts.

Thursday we finally had a sunny day with no rain so I got back to spray painting the lockers. I spent 3 hours spray painting those dang things. I was covered in spray paint(I looked like an old lady with white in my hair), got blisters on my fingers and still didn't finish. Thankfully Tyler has offered to finish them off, the weather just needs to cooperate. They are so close to being done.

Friday I decorated Lucy's cake. It is not perfect but it'll do. I was not up to the task of making a taco cake for her taco themed birthday so it is more of a fiesta cake with a taco themed topper. I did have to run to Kroger's at one point to get more sprinkles and Penny came along. I have had various errands to run all week with the locker project and this party and Halloween and I have found that I really enjoy when one of the kids will come with. I enjoy having that one on one time with them, we don't get that much.



Saturday morning the power went out. Seriously this year with weather and power outages has been crazy. I was real worried it would be out for Lucy's party but thankfully it came back on. The party was nuts as usual. She had four friends come, Peter, Reggie, Jenna and Angelica. I sometimes wish Lucy didn't have friends that are boys because girls are way less loud and crazt. Anyways, we started off playing "Don't Eat Pete"- taco version. This was a hit. After that we played a Taco game which the boys did not enjoy but the girls and I had a blast. It involved collecting ingredients for a taco. Next we watched a video on how to draw a taco and drew one. Even though the boys gave me grief about sitting down to do it, they seemed to enjoy it once they started. When we finished up with that Tyler came with an excessive amount of tacos and pizza. The tacos were not well received and we have plenty of leftovers. Our last activity was the Taco Pinata. Jenna hit it off the string and then Lucy broke the bat but despite the hiccups it seemed to be the most loved activity. We ended the party with cake and ice cream and present. Lucy said it was the best party ever.



After her party I took her to Rowan's at Target to get her ears pierced. I thought this would be a good choice over Claire's because they have a certified nurse but it was quite traumatizing. The nurse aimed too high the first time and had to redo that hole so essentially Lucy got pierced 3 times. She was not happy after the first and so it took a lot of hand squeezing and positive talk to get her through it. I guess the perk of getting 3 piercings was that they threw in an extra pair of earrings for her and gave her 3 lollipops. It took Lucy a long while to stop being sad and grumpy but now she keeps telling me how beautiful she is so I think she's happy about it.








No comments:

Post a Comment