Sunday, January 14, 2018

Cub-anapolis and Things

Penny had her first Sunday as a Sunbeam and she seemed super nervous about the whole thing so she sat very still and quiet. It will be interesting to see how she behaves as she gets a little more comfortable. We had our previous Primary Chorister subbing that Sunday and she had all the cute Sunbeams come up and sing their song wearing little sunbeamed faces, that was probably the only time we got a smile out of her.


Ben got to come up for the song "We are a Happy Family" during singing time. He was the brother. I miss this Primary Chorister, she did such fun things.


Lucy is a CTR 5 now and her teacher sent us this picture of her cute class. They all got CTR necklaces which she proudly wore to school one day. She told me she told all her friends what CTR stood for, a little missionary already! 


Another change with church is that we now have 9am church instead of 1pm. Honestly I love having morning church because it really frees up the day. I had a whole afternoon to do things I enjoy- I spent that Sunday afternoon addressing cards with my fancy lettering for the Primary Baptism Preview.


Sunday we also had a miracle- Penny, the anti bread girl, ate a biscuit and loved it. She is so weird about bread, I really wish she wouldn't be because it would be so nice to be able to make her sandwiches. For now I will just document the rare times when she eats bread products.


On Monday the kids went back to school and I got a sub job for that day- it was kind of a rough way to get back into the swing of things. The class I subbed for was a new one for me and they were absolutely crazy. I don't know if they were just struggling to get back into the swing of things too but oi, I was very exhausted at the end of that day and my voice was literally hoarse.

Tuesday I had another sub job and I was dreading it because this class is normally crazy. I thought for sure that would be the end of my voice. Thankfully they were actually abnormally amazing, it was such a blessing and exactly what I needed after Monday's tough job.

Tuesday night Steven had his Cub-Anapolis. Tyler had procrastinated making a box car with Steven so I gave up on him and attempted to help Steven make one. When Tyler got home and saw it, he was not impressed so he finally got into action. They googled ideas and ended up making this amazing mail truck. Ben ended up using the box I had helped make in the sibling race. 


Steven did not win the race, his super speedy friend Colton did. Mostly he didn't win because it was a bulky car and hard to run in PLUS we had a huge struggle with "changing his tires" (his socks). Afterwards he told me it was my fault he lost because I didn't change his socks fast enough. We had big discussion about it (ok...me yelling at him...) as we were driving home. Later on in the drive he apologized to me, it was a big moment and I was super proud of him. Now I need to work on apologizing more for my mommy tantrums.


Wednesday the weather started to warm a bit and it made for really good packing snow. I told the kids they should go make a snowman instead of rotting their brains like they usually do after school while I make dinner. Only Ben made the good choice and went out and built a snowman with Tyler. It turned out really awesome and all the other kids seemed to regret not going out. 


They especially regretted it because the next day the weather was in the 50's and all the snow melted away by the end of the day. Penny and I did enjoy getting on in the warm weather though. We did some swinging, she got to play with her Christmas gift and then she pushed her baby in it's stroller around the block. It was REALLY nice to get back outside again and breathe in some fresh air.


I also taught Penny how to write the letter "P". She picked it up so quickly and was so proud of herself. The next day I tried to teach her to write an "E." She wrote it once and then she only wanted to write P's. She's a silly little booger.


Friday the weather was gross and the roads were extra gross. I immediately regretted driving the kids to school that day but somehow we made it to both schools safely. It made me grateful for my SUV and it's AWD. Those roads would have been a lot harder to maneuver in my old mini van.

Saturday we finally got to use the gift from Tyler's parents and go to Splash Universe. This indoor water park is about an hour away and while it is less impressive than Great Wolf Lodge, the kids still  had a blast and are already anxious to go again. The girls pretty much stayed in the Lazy River most of the time- we must have done 50 laps around that thing. I don't blame them because it was still kind of cold in there so it was better just to stay in the water then to get out and shiver. Also, with the help of her swim vest and the current, Penny was able to "swim" on her own and so she never wanted to leave. The boys didn't seem to mind the cold too much though, they spent a majority of their time on the slides. 



And this week I babysat for a few friends and the beauty of that is that Penny had a playmate so that meant I had some time to work on my hobbies. I am seriously so glad I started up hand lettering last year, it is so relaxing and enjoyable. I am also now attempting to take up wood burning due to my Christmas gift from Tyler. I am not fantastic at wood burning yet but I am improving- at least the words I made are recognizable now!



No comments:

Post a Comment