Sunday, August 25, 2013

Volunteering, Vomit & Vanquishing Tornadoes

This week I got to volunteer in Steven's classroom. He was more puzzled by my prescence then excited but I enjoyed being there. It made me miss subbing. Not all subbing was fun but a lot of times it was. Just hanging out with kids, reading books and basking in their joy of having someone new to teach them. Plus kids generally are good for my self esteem--I had several of Steven's classmates tell me how pretty I am ;)

Also this week, my 3 kids were bathing together when Ben decided to bite Lucy's bum. I know with all those adorable rolls it does look pretty delicious but really? Oh my children!

On Friday night Tyler had a scout camp out and Ben decided to choose that night to throw up all over himself and his bed. It was awful! Usually Tyler cleans up the mess and it's my job to love on the poor sickly child...I do not do well with cleaning puke. Ugh. Thankfully, he was totally fine after that incident. And thankfully, all the craziness didn't wake Steven up. The next day when Steven learned what happened he informed me that God put stuff in his ears so he didn't hear Ben crying & that's why he didn't wake up. That kid and his stories!

Yesterday the Halloween costume box was brought out & now Ben wants to wear his Spiderman costume everywhere. He wore it to bed & was extremely upset that he couldn't wear it to church. On our way home from church he informed me that due to the dark clouds a tornado was coming but not to worry, he would put on his costume and then be able to catch the tornado with his spider web. Too cute!



And to end with my favorite little girl, Lucy's new goals in life are 1) to destroy my office and 2) get up the stairs unnoticed. Anytime I leave my office door open or forget to close the gate on the stairs, there is trouble to be had.She now also refuses to wear girly hair bows and has a strong dislike for dresses because they get in the way of her crawling. She is growing too fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment