Monday, August 12, 2013

Girl Time

On Thursday I turned 28. My birthday was pretty calm and uneventful which is exactly what I wanted. I am not huge on having a big bash where all eyes are on me while I blow out candles and open presents- although I'm not gonna lie, I do like presents :) That morning, I walked Steven (& only Steven) to school which was nice. Tyler watched the other 2. Then I met Karen and Ashley for a yummy breakfast. After that I spent lots of time just chilling at home with the kids. Later I had dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my family and then Tyler showered me with gifts (as always). Just a perfectly, perfect day.

Friday is when I did the "real" partying. I went on a girl's getaway to the AZ Grand Resort in Phoenix. I went with a few women from the ward (Karen, Kristen, MaChel), with my sister-in-law Rebecca and with a few ladies from another ward (Ashley, Breanna, Kyla). We checked in and then had dinner at Claim Jumper (of course I'm the only one who can't keep her eyes open):



At dinner me and 2 other girls that had birthdays that week got a free red velvet cupcake, along with a "happy birthday" song. I loved that I got to share the moment and all eyes weren't on me. 

After dinner we hung out in the hot tub/pool where an awkward teenage boy seemed to enjoy sitting (hovering) near us a little too much- he later became known as "The Creeper." Then we stayed up late playing some fun games- one of which I almost won and one of which I lost horribly. As the loser I was supposed to go jump in the fountain in front of the hotel, some of the women even offered to hoist me up there- but you know that was not really going to happen with lame ol' me ;)

The next day I slept in until 9am (unlike the girls in the other room who woke up at 6am). After getting ready Rebekka & I went and had some Jamba Juice, then we went back to the resort where we hung out in the Lazy River with everyone--- and once again we came in contact with "The Creeper." He was several tubes behind us but I was sure he was going to pop up like a fish at any moment in a nearby tube.


After getting our fill of the Lazy River, Rebecca and I parted ways with the rest of them and did some major shopping at Az Mills Malls. I LOVE shopping without kids and Rebecca was a good shopping buddy. About dinner time we headed home, back to our responsibilities :( But at least are responsibilities are super cute ;)

And Sunday Tyler insisted we do the birthday cake thing at his parent's house--- although he didn't tell anyone about it and he didn't make me my much desired "Despicable Me" Minion cake. So...it was pretty lame, which is ok I suppose. However, he did almost set the house on fire by insisting on lighting all 28 candles. Man my cakes are getting bright! And we did discover that Lucy is going to have fun when she turns one- that girl kept trying to smash into that cake. 




And that concludes the celebrating of me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment