Monday we went to scout out Target for Penny's birthday party. We decided it would work for a photo scavenger hunt so we sent out invites. For the first time in awhile I actually had to create my own template since a Target birthday party is not a routine thing. I think the girls will have a lot of fun and hopefully I won't lose my sanity watching out for 9 girls at Target.
After dinner I decided to go with Penny to pick out a few things for a care package for Lizzie who was getting surgery on her ear the next day. We got fancy clear apple juice since she would have to fast with only clear liquids in the morning and we also got her a cute little stuffie, a card and a book I happened to find at the library. I was really excited about the package but then I dropped it off and they weren't home and I got really no acknowledgement. I know we don't do service for the rewards but I guess I was hoping it would make her night or something. Too high of expectations.
After I dropped off the package I met Stefanie at Culver's. We hadn't hung out for over a year and it was really good to see her and catch up. She gave me a gift she had bought me for my 40th bithday- a cute pink shirt that says "No Hugs". It was sightly ironic since she gave me a hug. Her and her kids seem to doing well- she's just adjusting to a new job and her oldest heading off to college. I hope we don't wait a year before we get together again.
Tuesday evening I went to Grace's. I brought the Venice paint by number that she had given me for my birthday and started on it. I was there for 2 hours and barely completed a small corner of it and I don't feel like I did a good job of staying in the lines. I think it will be amazing when it is done but I think it will be ages before I finally do finish it.
Wednesday morning Penny had her arm appointment. She can now take the brace off at home and go to the beach if she is cautious but she cannot do anything really risky so we are trying to cancel soccer for her. I stupidly signed her up for it weeks ago forgetting that her arm was recently broken and would likely not be healed in time. I am bummed she has to sit out this season. But on a brighter soccer note- Wednesday night we found out that Ben made the Varsity Soccer Team. I was honestly not sure he would and I am so happy for him because I know he has worked hard to do this.
Thursday morning Ben had high school registration. He once again ended up with awkward hair in his high school photo.
Maybe we will actually give him a decent haircut before his senior photo. He also had a friend behind us in line who will be going to OCC as well so that was cool. When we got his schedule we saw that he had an English class at HS and also one at OCC and that he only had 3 classes at the high school instead of 4. We decided to check and make sure that he was on track with everything and the counselor was not very helpful. She was confusing and made me feel like we should decide if this schedule was ok. We don't know anything and I left feeling unsure if Ben's schedule is going to keep him on track for graduation.
Thursday after lunch, we walked with Kara, baby Amelia and their dog to the dog beach. It was one of our more awkward interactions. Conversation did not really flow and Ruby was being very toddlery and sometimes I feel like she is judging me- although their is a strong possibility that that is all in my head. We ended up having to leave after not too long because she thought her dog was too hot and also...Ruby pooped her pants. Every time I think we have potty training figured out she goes and proves me wrong. We ended up back at my less than clean house for some more awkward social interactions.
Friday morning Lucy mowed and Ruby and I went to the playground. The air was thick with humidity and it made me feel crummy but Ruby loves the park.
After lawn mowing we went to Marshalls so that Penny could pick out a gift from Grams for her birthday. She isn't as picky as her older sister and ended up finding a couple things really easily. On our way home we stopped at Tropical Smoothie for lunch. It was a nice little outing.
Friday night, we officially found out that Tyler's dad has stage 3 cancer. The good news it is localized in his esophagus so they think he has a fighting chance. He will be on chemo for 3 months and then they will do surgery. Tyler thinks he will drive my parents back to Arizona and then stay with his parents for 2 weeks- working from their home. I am glad he can do that and spend time with his dad. I am trying not be selfish and hyperventilate about being alone for 2 weeks. I also think we should try to drive out to Arizona for Christmas. I don't know exactly how we will pay for it but I do know we can probably drive cheaper than fly and I do know we need to get out there. Life is just full force lately.
Saturday morning Ben had a few soccer scrimmages- warming up for the season. We went to the first one and the weather was so nice. I was all dressed and ready to sweat to death but I ended up feeling almost a little cool. Tyler was a little more helpful with Ruby at the game than usual so I was actually able to sit and watch most of it. Varsity is defintely a higher paced level and it was fun to watch. Ben was able to play the last 15 minutes and that was the most he has probably ever played in a game. He says that it doesn't count since it was just a scrimmage and not an official game but I am going to count it. His team won 4-2.


No comments:
Post a Comment