Sunday I managed to get my Relief Society Presidency meeting cancelled because one of the members was out of town and I kind of pressured the president to just skip this weeks meeting. It is so nice to have a lazy Sunday- even if that is probably not the entire point of Sundays. We also had another new Sunday School Teacher (they have called 3 people to alternate with one another). This one is a frequent commenter so I knew her vibe already and I do not love it. She is really hard to listen (she feels very dramatic in her delivery and she is also a bit condenscending). I ended up just reading my scriptures during her lesson because I did not want to listen to her. Probably not the best choice but it sure helped me feel less annoyed.
Monday morning I had to do an Amazon return at Whole Foods and Ruby said she had to go to the bathroom while we were there but I think she just wanted to try out the bathroom. She did not have to pee. Later that day I went thrifting with Lucy and Penny for jeans that they could wear at camp. I did not want to buy them brand new jeans and have them mess those up at camp. We had zero luck finding something in their size at Salvation Army. Instead I got a lot of sass from Lucy who hates thrift shopping and refused to really look for something. Lots of eye rolls and anger from her. I ended up going to a couple other thrift stores later that night with just Penny and managed to find both the girls and the boys jeans. It turns out Lucy is pretty close to my size in pants so if they fit me, they will likely fit her.
Also Monday, Ruby met her buddy Asher at the dog beach. I never go to that beach because it's tricky to find (it looks like you are walking on someone's property to get to it) but I will need to get over that because it is a fun beach for Ruby. The water is really shallow so she can have lots of fun without me having to get in with her. It is also nice and shady.Her and Asher played fetch catching poop (an acorn) for quite awhile- until Ruby got frustrated beacause Asher kept catching the "poop" first. They really have a love/hate relationship.
Tuesday afternoon I went to see the new Spiderman movie with my dad, and the 3 middle kids (Penny, Lucy and Ben). My mom was nice and watched Ruby for me. I like the Spiderman movies because they have a good mix of everything- action, romance, feelings, humor...It was a good time. I brought bowls to split up the popcorn in and my kids were so embarassed but I like them because they are easy to pour in and I don't get butter on my lap.
Tuesday we got the bad news that Poppy Hatch was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. Later they determined he was stage 2 or 3 and he will need chemo, radiation and then surgery to remove it. I was supposed to go to Grace's that night but I decided to stay home because even though Tyler said he was fine, I know he was not. His dad, loopy on drugs after a test, called everyone and was giving away his stuff to them because he was sure he was already dead. He was very fatalistic. The next day he called Tyler and asked Tyler if he had promised him his truck. And then told Tyler he could not have his truck because he still needs it. Funny, not funny. This is going to be tough because his dad really is the glue that holds Tyler's family together. We are all doing a special fast for him and Leslie on Sunday.
Wednesday, the kids and Tyler all headed off to youth camp in Pennsylvania. They were pestering Ruby so it made it easier to say goodbye to them. Ruby had a Dr's appt and we had a new doctor. She was ok I guess. But she was zero help with the rash on Ruby's face. Basically she doesn't know what it is either but I should message her if it gets worse. She also had Ruby draw shapes and trace a shape she had made and really seemed to be questioning Ruby's development which felt annoying to me. I have 4 other kids and I know Ruby is right on track, if not more advanced than her sisters were. I miss dr Friedman.
After the appointment Grace stopped by to give Ruby and me our birthday presents. She got Ruby a scribble/scrubbie cat named Jenny, a library book bag with the letter R on it and a cute book. She got me a Venice paint by number and a shirt I had wanted at Salvation Army but I hadn't gotten it because I thought was too expensive (she went back and got for me). She is so thoughtful. We had a good chat, catching up on things- it had been far too long.
After her visit I went with my mom and Ruby to Ikea. I had bought some bowls there ages ago and I wanted to buy more so we actually have enough for our whole family. I was in luck- they had the same bowls there. Plus Ikea had given me a $10 off coupon for my birthday so I was able to get them all for really cheap. Ruby loves Ikea, but mostly because I got her ice cream after we were done shopping.
That night we went to Wendy's for dinner with Poppy because I was too lazy to cook for me and a toddler who eats very few things. Ruby true to her self wanted to go test out another bathroom but unfortunately this one traumatized her. It flushed very loudly while she was still on it. She then became very scared and traumatized of public restrooms. An unfortunate event.
Thursday we ended up meeting Julie at the beach. She had 2 other friends there that all seemed to know each other very well and it was sort of awkward for me. Ruby had some drama in the beginning with needing to pee but being too scared of the porta potty so I ended up taking her home to use our bathroom and then going back to the beach. Since I was awkward I didn't want to stay long but Ruby wished we would stay forever. It was hard to get her to leave when I didn't have a legit reason for leaving.
Thursday evening Ruby and I went to Home Goods with my parents. I was looking for blue and white bowls to complete my other set of bowls I already have, but I had zero luck. Then we went to Chick Fil A for dinner where we had more toilet drama. Ruby had to pee but she was scared it would flush on her so she refused to sit on it. We didn't stay too long at Chick Fil A because I needed to get her home to a toilet. When we got home, as soon as I started pulling down her pants to set her on the potty, she started peeing. Most of it made it in the toilet but definitely not all of it.
Friday morning we headed out early to go to Milford Memories. We got there at 9, a whole hour before everything opened, and parking was already filling up in our old neighborhood. We did end up finding a decent spot though, near where we parked the year before. Once parked, we walked over to the park and Poppy was a nice Poppy and played with Ruby while we waited for everything to open. Right before everything opened, I attempted to take her to the bathroom, but the nice park bathrooms were closed and they only had porta potties available. As soon as we were in the port potty she screamed so I caved and put her in a pull up. I do not like regressing but I felt there wasn't really any other option. Next we went to the kids area but she only wanted to play with the bubbles that they had.
I enventually convinced her to go get a tattoo at the kids tent, but then she cried because she said she did not want the stars on her. Then I tried to get her to color a mask but she did one scribble and was done. She was literally no fun. Seeing what a pill she was being I decided to get her some doughnuts so maybe she wouldn't whine too much as we shopped but the doughnuts took forever to make and it felt like a poor choice. Once we finally got shopping, she did whine and it came to a point I just gave her my phone to color on because I was tired of fighting with her. After seeing all the things, we went back to the park to get some lunch. I had an amazing grilled cheese sandwich on a pretzel bun with mustard sauce. Poppy got Ruby a strawberry smoothie and she threw it on the ground like a spoiled toddler. Half of it was lost. When she finally actually tried it, she realized it was quite tasty and regretted her actions. Right after the throwing of the smoothie her sword balloon she had got, popped on the grass. She was a disaster. After eating, it was definitely time to go home. To seal the drama of the day, her red balloon escaped to the sky while I was loading the car. The pictures below depict her cranky mood accurately.
Somehow, after all of that, she was still full of energy when we got home and asking to go play outside. I had had enough outside time and refused. Instead she ended up flitting from toy to toy, leaving piles of things behind each time. I eventually decided to just clean because I knew I wasn't going to get any rest. So she moved on from playing with toys to instead attempting to help me clean. Spoiler alert- she is not very good at cleaning. She really is a lot, all the time.
Saturday was my 41st birthday. 41 is not super exciting so I didn't feel the need for a party but I always do like a good outing. So for my birthday, my parents, Ruby and I went to Ann Arbor. First we stopped at the Kiwanis Thrift Store. I had been there before with Grace and had some good luck finding things. This time I had a little less luck and didn't find as much. I did, however, get a fun looking puzzle and a pair of shorts for Ruby. While thrifting, I also had to deal with a Ruby who needed to pee but was scared of the public bathroom. I had to revert to the old days and hold her down while she screamed and eventually peed on the toilet. I am sure the other patrons using the bathroom were questioning my parenting. It was not fun.
After the thrift store we went to eat at Nick's Original House of Pancakes. Ruby was super wiggly and a bit of a pain but the food ended up being really yummy. I got a cinnamon apple waffle. It was basically dessert- it was do delicious! Ruby shared the waffle with me and seemed to enjoy her bites too.
Our last stop was the Creature Conservancy. It wasn't a huge place but it had some fun animals. Ruby was most excited by the turtles and a room that had lots of toys to play with. I was most excited by the sloth. I also really enjoyed their little presentation with a porcupine. I learned some new things about porcupines and it was cute to watch it waddle around. Honorable mention was the really big owl and the emu that scared Ruby. While there Ruby had to pee again and thankfully she did it without crying. Maybe it was good that I had forced her to use the toilet at the thrift store.


.heic)











.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment