Sunday, January 21, 2024

Temple Night

On Sunday I was all prepared to start my journey back into Primary but apparently they didn't need me yet. They had a few teachers gone (due to crummy roads) and so the Presidency decided just to combine and teach it. They told me to go to Relief Society so off I went. Ruby napped the whole time so that was nice but it also made my arms tired. I told them I could teach next Sunday but someone else is so....who knows when I will actually do this calling.

Monday was MLK day so everyone was home. It was cold and I had a dentist appt in the afternoon so we really didn't have any plans. Tyler took Steven driving in the morning to get him prepped for his driver's test which is next week. Steven drove to Mariah's and gave Maverick a cute little onesie we had gotten him. Steven apparently did well driving on the snowy roads. And we got some cute pics of them with Maverick.



Monday afternoon I had my dentist appointment for a root canal. It was awful. They numbed me and started to drill and I could still feel it. Ouch. So they numbed me again but this time it was so much numbing I literally couldn't blink my eye on autopilot. I had to manually close my eye and it just kept drying out. It was so uncomfortable. But at least my mouth did not feel a blessed thing. It was so numb and fat. The drive home was tricky. I had to hold an eye closed while driving. I felt pretty crappy and was not a very nice mom for the rest of the night.

Tuesday was Wesley's 2nd birthday so we all went over to celebrate that night. It was fun to see the size comparison between Maverick and Ruby. Ruby is massive. Ruby also seemed to have no idea that Maverick was a real live human being. She probably thought he was just a doll. It was a good, noisy time at their house.



Wednesday we went on an outing the Great Lakes Crossing Mall. Steven had a Snow Day (he had one Tuesday as well because of the extreme cold temps) and we all just needed to get out. We basically just pigged out on mall food. We got pretzels, our banana flavored soda that we like, some candy from the Bass Pro Shop...We walked the entire mall and got a new church dress for Ruby. It was a good escape MINUS the fighting that is ought to happen when I have all my kids together.

Thursday Steven was finally back at school and Tyler was out at work. The rest of us did a Costco trip at lunchtime so we could pick up a few things and also eat free samples and also eat lunch there. It's funny but Costco is a "cheap" way to get out of the house and entertain my kids on a cold day. Thursday night some sort of bug or sinus issue hit me hard- runny nose and massive headache. I tried to turn in early but Ruby had other ideas and was refusing to sleep. I ended up texting Tyler to come get her. She did not go to sleep until midnight. And she still woke up twice in the night. She is exhausting.

Friday night was Youth Temple night and thankfully the roads were perfect and we did not have to repeat the traumatic event of last week. I took the older 3 since Tyler had to pick up some things for an archery tournament the next day (he's a volunteer coach, as though he doesn't have enough stuff to do). There was another group that showed up at the temple for baptisms at the same time as ours(we think maybe they came at the wrong time) and they were super disorganized and somehow had their people go first. It all took forever but I am still glad I got to be there for when Steven got to be the baptizer for the first time and Lucy got to do baptisms for the first time. It was nice to actually see Steven being respectful and reverent to his siblings. After the temple we got ice cream with everyone at Culver's. I sat away from the bulk of the teens and sat instead with Alissa, Sister Hess, Claire and Bro Richardson. It was a nice outing.



Saturday Steven had his archery tournament in the morning and got his best score yet- 236. Way for progress! The kids had various hang outs that day and Tyler and I (and Ruby) went on a little date that night. Nothing too exciting but a nice Saturday still the same. And here are some random cute pics from the week:





No comments:

Post a Comment