Thursday, October 12, 2023

Light Week

Sunday I decided to pump before church so I wouldn't have to nurse at church. It worked out okay. She drank the bottle when we got to church and then slept through most of sacrament. However, she woke up the last 10 mins of sacrament and was fussy. Tyler was doing tech stuff so I left the other kids alone to take her out. Turns out my older kids are irreverent and when I got back I had 2 separate people telling me how naughty they were. I brought Ruby to Relief Society and she didn't want to be quiet so we left. I was OK with that,  I haven't really been feeling like I fit in at church lately.  I probably need a new calling, even if I don't want one. Or I need a ward with more young moms so I'm not alone in the halls.


Sunday night Mariah's family came over. It had been awhile since we had seen them so it was nice to have all the crazy over. I ended up disappearing near the end so I could feed Ruby though. She gets overstimulated with all the people. So do I ;)

Monday I was going to try to be a fun mom and take the kids with some friends to go see the Northville skeletons but their friends couldn't go. Honestly, I was relieved.  Instead the kids decided to earn money doing chores around the house. Lucy and Ben mowed and Penny cleaned the car. Then they had to go spend their money so we went to Target and Meijers. The girls got yet another stuffie (we've got to work on their money management) and Ben got Pokémon cards. He's been having fun doing Pokémon battles ever since he did some with Oliver. Ruby was also especially smiley Monday.


I spent too much of Tuesday and Wednesday scrolling Prime Deals on Amazon. In the end I bought a few craft kits for Christmas presents for Lucy and Penny, Fisher Price "Christmas Story" Little People and some warm pj's for Ruby,  a lego set for Christmas for Steven, church shoes for me and we got an air fryer because Tyler wanted one for lunch. I'm all about the deals.  

Thursday morning Ruby woke up a little later so I had Tyler take the kids to school since I wouldn't be ready in time. It was a nice break. Later I had him watch Ruby while I went to lunch with Caroline. Honestly it was so nice to have some baby free time with a friend, no worrying about a fussy baby. Caroline caught me up on her Ireland trip and all the things. After we ate, we ran a quick errand to Meijers together. It was just the sort of day I needed. My hormones have been a mess lately and I needed some selfish time. That evening we watched Mariah's kids, they were easy, at least while I was there. Ben and Steven got to do some babysitting while I picked up the girls from soccer because Tyler was at a mtg about high school Archery for Steven. Looks like Steven's going to do Archery. It's one more thing to add to the calendar but Steven seems to enjoy archery and it's good for him to get out of the house.

Friday Lucy had a good day doing her schoolwork and earned an extra privilege. She really wanted to go to the mall to window shop, so we did. Tyler watched Ruby and the other kids so it was just us. Of course we couldn't go to the mall and not get pretzels and then Lucy was thirsty so she "needed" a soda. When we got back I complained to Tyler that all Lucy wants to do is spend money and have treats. He gave me the side eye because I literally just described myself. Ugh. Friday night the boys had a temple night so us girls watched "Lilo and Stitch". Penny had decided recently that she wanted Stitch toys but she had never actually seen the movie so I figured she needed to. I forgot what a cute movie that was. And now Penny loves Stitch even more. 

Saturday was a rainy, cold day so all the kid's soccer games were canceled. Honestly, that was such a relief. It was a nice, chill day at home. I even got to bake some pumpkin bread that no one wanted to eat except me...

Ruby is still not much for schedules. Everytime we have a few good night, she decides to break the cycle with a super awful night and I can't pinpoint what leads to it. She also is finicky about naps. Her favorite way to nap is on me which is not conducive to getting things done, even if I do enjoy the snuggles.


No comments:

Post a Comment