Saturday, July 24, 2021

Eastern Market

Monday I got the news of who my replacement as young women's president will be. This lady is very emotional, opinionated, easily offended and just a lot of drama so I was pretty much in shock when Bishop told me. He had already called her (apparently against the advice of everyone in the Bishopric) so when he asked my thoughts...what could I say? I was just like, you already called her so yeah...I have a lot of worries about how my yw will mesh with her, how all my hard work to get the yw leading might be in vain (she likes to take over things) and I also worry about the large budget I have left (she's terrible with money). But this is all very judgemental of me and I am just hoping and praying she will be better than everyone expects. I really hope that for the sake of my young women.

Anyways after reeling from that surprising news, I had a beach day with my friends. That was nice. Whenever I am there, I just always feel like that is exactly how kids should be spending their summers. Afterwards I took Steven to his archery class we had signed him up for. He had it everyday but Friday this week and it went really well. The coach said he has a natural ability and he just needs to keep practicing. I wish Tyler wasn't so busy because I am clueless about where to take him to practice archery but I really do want Steven to stick with it.

Monday night the missionaries came over for dinner and we invited Jacob and his parents as well. Jacob's Step Dad didn't come but his mom did. It was a good evening spent with the missionaries and they taught a good lesson about faith. I think his mom would have enjoyed it more if Jacob hadn't made some jabbing comments at her about hiding snacks from him. Sometimes, that neighbor of ours.

Tuesday morning I met with my replacement and tried my best to tell her all the things and be positive about it. Unfortunately they won't call her until 8/8 and she says she will be going out of town for a week after that. I think she expects me to just keep hanging on but lady, I have another calling. I quite honestly feel like waiting until 8/8 to release me is far too long. 

Tuesday afternoon while Steven was at archery the rest of us hung out in Milford. My mom went to the bakery and the kids played in a little stream by central park. They had all expressed that they wanted to do this but Ben did not last long before he was bored and went and got a book out of the car to read (he has really become a reader over the last school year). Then the girls got bored and wanted to go to the playgroud, except they didn't want to wear shoes because of wet feet. Essentially there was a lot of whining and it was not the fun outing I thought it would be. After that day I just left them at home with Grams during Steven's archery class and enjoyed some alone time.



Wednesday we had a nice morning at Scarlett's park with some friends. David has been at camp and Alissa has been out of town so it's been just Etta and Steven hanging out as far as the teens go. They seem to mesh well though and she doesn't seem to get crazy around him (even though Etta has told me many times she has a huge crush on Steven). That night for our yw's activity though, Etta was super hyper. I had managed to get Aleahna to come to an activity and she was being "too cool" to hang out with everyone but that didn't bother Etta. She just kept following Aleahna and talking non-stop to her. I can't decide if Aleahna was happy about that or not. Teens are tricky. The activity itself was frisbee golf and I only did one goal but I did really good (for a beginner). I might have to try it again sometime.

Wednesday night Tyler proposed at Bishopric that we do Seminary at our house. Bishop said he was not comfortable making that decision over Zoom and wants to meet with us in person when he's back in town. I am so frustrated that he is dragging this out and that he won't just let us do it at our house. It just makes sense and we are just not as far as he thinks we are. If he would just google map it he would see...Tyler got on my case later saying that I needed to come to terms with the fact that Bishop might say no and I might not "get my way." With all my super anxious feelings that I was having at that time, I pretty much had a melt down. He apologized later but, woof. Sometimes having anxiety and having a husband that don't understand proper responses to anxiety can be difficult

Thursday I had my Dr's appt and I am going to start taking birth control. I haven't taken bc pills since I first got married but the Dr thinks they will help regulate my crazy hormones so I am hopeful. Unfortunately they apparently will make me crazy before they start regulating so that should be fun.

Thursday evening I went to Amy Day's house to learn all the things about seminary (she teaches the kids from the other school district). It was good and also a bit overwhelming. She's amazing. But we also had a good conversation about life and other things afterwards and that was really nice. 

Friday I spent the morning cleaning and clearing things out. I went through the kids closets so I could hang up their school uniforms and I went through the bookshelf in my room because it had become so full. After the clearing out, I took a bunch of stuff to Salvation Army and then ran a few errands with my mom and the girls (Steven was at Max's and Ben was with Jacob). 

That evening I picked up Kassandra and we went and saw Abbie in "Zombie Prom." There was a super risque song and a few other sexual innuendo's that made me feel super uncomfortable since I was there with one of my yw but I guess overall it was fun...


Saturday morning I took my mom and the girls to the Eastern Market in Detroit. We got lucky finding parking because it was super busy but it was still a good time. I found a cute dress for $10 and I bought sunflowers, Kettle Corn, Strawberries and Cherries. Lots of good things.




Also on Saturday,  Lucy put together a whiteboard I bought at Ikea. She was pretty proud of herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment