Saturday, April 22, 2017

Easter Continued

Easter Sunday the kids were up nice and early and eager to find their Easter Baskets. Once again the bunny had hidden them and left notes- this years clues were super easy. Penny's was hidden where she goes when she is being naughty- the uncooperative chair. Lucy's was hidden nearby a Shopkin picture she had colored- in the playroom. Ben's was hidden in the perfect place to take a bubble bath- our upstairs bathtub. Steven's was hidden where you go to get extra toilet paper- because he uses a lot ;)- in our closet. 

Lucy's top gifts: a lift-the-flap book for church, Veggie Tales movie collection, and Barbie movie. 

Penny's top gifts: a church water WOW book, Veggie Tales CD, a horse book and a Barbie movie.


I had Ben pose with his favorite gifts and he picked the poop emoji key chain and the Fun Dip, ha ha! He also got some Book of Mormon Cards that he can use for teaching FHE, a Veggies Tale CD, Hop Movie, and a drawing pad and pens.


Steven's favorite gifts were his chocolate bunny, his "rocket" and his new LEGO church video (which turned out to be a dud- not as funny as the one he already had). He also got a book for teaching FHE and a drawing pad and pens for church.



After they went through all their goodies, I made some bunny pancakes for everyone. Waking up earlier than usual meant I had plenty of time to do something fun and Pinteresty like that. They were actually pretty easy to make so it didn't hurt too much when they gobbled those bunnies down.







After breakfast they watched some new Veggie Tales and then they got ready extra early so that I could take a picture of them all ready for Easter Sunday. They looked nice for the pictures but by the time they went to church they looked a lot less nice. That's ok with me though because at least I was able to document the niceness!


Honestly the way we were able to fit in so much that morning and have such a calm, nice morning makes me think I should probably stop sleeping in so much on Sundays and start getting up a decent hour! Although knowing me, that probably won't happen ;)

With us not getting home until 4:30 on Sundays, I decided our traditional ham dinner on Easter was just not going to happen. Instead we started a new tradition and did a Jerusalem Dinner. Basically we tried to eat foods that Jesus would have eaten. However since my kids are picky eaters, I did a lot of modifying. We had Pita bread (in the form of pizza and Pita chips), we had wine (in the form of grape juice boxes), we had figs (in the form of fig newtons) and turkey meat (in the form of meatballs. We also had cheese, grapes, strawberries, carrots and yogurt. We talked and read some scriptures about the Easter Story and then we ate the meal by candlelight. The kids still continued in their picky ways and didn't want to try the Fig Newtons because what the heck is a fig!? And the girls wouldn't touch the Pita Bread Pizza because it looked weird! But everybody ate something and it was still fun. I think this is a tradition to keep!




The rest of week was less exciting but still good. It was a nice calm week with no sub jobs. I have decided that I will just take sub jobs when asked and I won't actively search for them anymore. On Tuesday we did a fun story time at a library with a friend and then got a slice of pizza afterwards. I was glad the slices were only a dollar because Lucy would only eat the cheese off of hers because there were black flecks on the crust. Oi, that girl has become such an awful eater! On Wednesday I had Bunco and I did not win anything but I did have lots of giggles. On Thursday and Friday we had some fun play dates with our friends and that's my week in a nutshell. I am glad this week was slow because Soccer practice starts next week for the boys and the week after that games on Saturday start so things are going to get busier!

Funny story: I told Lucy I was going to eat her because I bet she tastes like cookies. She said, "No! I taste like broccoli!" Smart girl! She knows how to keep people from eating her!

And Penny was super upset because she bit her lip and I was trying to comfort her, I realized she had a rainbow on her face. I took a picture and showed her and everything was magically all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment