Saturday, February 19, 2022

Valentines and Temple Visits

Saturday night I went to see "Hello Dolly" with my friend Caroline. As I was leaving to go, I told the kids I was going out. They were all shocked I wasn't going to see the play with dad. Penny said, "You're going on a date without dad!?" I said, "No, it's not a date. I'm going out with a girl." Penny then responds in shock, "You're gay!?" Oh, Penny. Way to jump to outlandish conclusions. The play itself turned out to be a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it and they had done really well with casting. Afterwards after much searching we found my seminary student (she was on the tech team) and said a quick hello and good job.

Sunday Ben taught his first lesson in young men's. He said he did great and everyone loved it. I am glad they have the youth teach. It gives them good experience and it also helps me to dive into Gospel topics a little deeper with the kids when I help them prepare their lessons.

Sunday evening we went to our first ever Super Bowl Party at the Eakins house. The food was really good and we watched like a whole 10 minutes of the actual Super Bowl- the half time show. I still was feeling a little off with my friends but it was mostly a good time. We did leave early because with seminary I have become a bit of a party pooper.

Monday Penny had an orthodontist appointment because she has a tiny mouth. The last time I was at this orthodontist was with Ben and I was cranky about the idea of paying for braces for him again so I was not the nicest to them. Well apparently they put those notes on my file because it felt like everyone was walking on eggshells with me and treading carefully. It was kind of nice, lol. Anyways the verdict was no work yet. If they do work it will be a lot because she needs a lot of extra space so another option on the table is pulling teeth to make space but for now they want to wait and see how things progress. I'm ok with that.

Monday was also Valentine's Day and Tyler got me the best bouquet ever and Steven put it together for me. I got Tyler a Samsung Galaxy Watch so now he's cool like me. Our Valentine's Date was a lunch date to Tropical Smoothie Cafe, we ate in the car, super romantic. The kids all got love gifts from me and Tyler. Lucy got a fashion sketchbook, Penny got a scribble scrubbie, Ben got a Super Mario Bros Lego Bee Power Up and Steven got a funny shirt. I also made them each a Valentine.




Also for Seminary that morning we played a Valentine's Game. We had short phrases for each of the OT Doctorinal Mastery's on hearts all around the room and they had to match the scripture reference with the phrase. They got extra points if they made the match while wearing this "cupid" outfit that Ben is modeling below (Depends diaper, Bow, Sparkly red hat and sparkly pink glasses). Only 2 of our students were willing to wear it ;)


Tuesday while the kids were in school I got on a cleaning kick and started cleaning out the kitchen shelves and changing out the shelf lining. Of course, right when I was finishing up I bumped a container of sprinkles that apparently wasn't shut correctly and little, round sprinkles bounced out EVERYWHERE. I was sooo frustrated. And now I am sure there are little, round sprinkles hiding on all my shelves.

Tuesday after school the boys got to go do Baptisms for the Dead. It was Ben's first time. They had a limit on how many people could come so I wasn't able to be there but I'll be able to go with him next month. He said that he enjoyed it and wanted to do more baptisms. I heard that he wasn't the most reverent and struggled with whispering. He was there with all his friends so I am not super surprised.


Wednesday I took Ben to the Eye Dr. He has been major complaining about his eyes hurting for weeks. I was pretty sure it was just dry eyes and had been giving = him eye drops when he complained but finally I decided I should just take him in and make sure it wasn't anything more serious. Well for $100 they confirmed it was just dry eyes. So expensive. The doctor did prescribe some eye ointment, that well kind of gross to apply, has been more effective than eye drops. She also gave some tips, like putting a humidifier by where he does his gaming. Seems like a good tip so I ordered a humidifier from Amazon. This kid is expensive.

Thursday morning we had the smallest Seminary Class ever- 4 kids. I don't know if there is something we should do about our dwindling numbers or if this is just how second semester goes. I do know we have several sick kids so there are some legit excuses. Next week they all have mid-winter break, no seminary, so I am hopeful everyone gets well rested and healthy over break and we have better numbers after.

Thursday as I was driving to drop off the kids at school, we got an alert that someone in Steven's class tested positive for Covid so unless he had been vacinated he was asked to stay home. Boo. He also had a runny nose and a slight cough so probably wise to keep him. That meant he got to join me in picking up groceries and running a few quick errands. Then he got to hang out home alone while I went to visit a friend and her new baby. Her and I chat when we see each other at church and church things but I wouldn't consider us close, we never hang out outside of church. However she had come to church Sunday without her baby and was real insistent I come meet her baby so I did. I still feel weird around babies but I feel like I did a good job faking adoration. Her mom was there and thanked me for being such a good friend to her daughter and that made me feel bad. Considering she had this baby in December and this was my first visit, I would not consider that a good friend.

After the visit I got another fun, school alert. Due to an impending winter storm we were to pick up our kids an hour early. I had been planning to go to IKEA and so that schedule change meant I needed to get on out there asap. Steven ended up coming with me and he was actually a pretty good shopping buddy. I had went to IKEA to get some pretty cereal bowls I had seen online. Unfortunately those bowls turned out to be itty bitty and not what I wanted. I had also wanted to get some new plastic plates for the kids but they were all out. We ended up just getting an ICEE and a pretzel at IKEA instead because we might as well enjoy some food on this unsuccessful outing. Then we went to a nearby Home Goods Store and I found the perfect blue and white bowls that I have been wanting. Perfect to replace our chipped, boring, white bowls.




When we finished up our shopping, it was time to pick up the rest of the kids from school. Steven and I had watched the weather change throughout it all. It went from rain, to slush, to hail, to snow. The roads froze up real fast and on the drive home we spent an extra 20 minutes on one intersection. It was the worst.

Thursday night with all the crazy weather we had a nice, night in. Extra benefit that Friday was declared a snow day so no seminary the next morning. We spent most of Friday inside and didn't venture out until Tyler and I had a temple date that evening with some friends. It was really nice to be there with my good friends and afterwards we got some food at Applebee's. I love the peace I feel at the temple and I love the good friends I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment