Saturday, January 11, 2020

Winter Break is Over

I went to transfer the pictures from this week from my phone to the computer, only to discover I had taken zero pictures this week. I think that pretty much tells you about the kind of week I have had. No real excitement, mostly trying to get back to real life as the kids went back to school and I tried to get the house in order again.

Sunday Ben was given the opportunity to read a favorite scripture at church. One of his goals this year was to bear his testimony at church so I don't feel like him being asked to do this was merely a coincidence. I told him if he shared his feelings about the scripture that would fulfill his goal so he did that. I picked the scripture for him- 1 Nephi 3:7 (since that's the youth theme for the year) and then he added that he knew God would help him when he did the right thing. Even though I prepared all this with him, it wasn't until he shared it from the pulpit that I really felt the spirit of what he was saying and felt it as an answer to my own fast. I had been fasting about my difficulty getting pregnant and the words just sunk in. "He shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." Man this is hard road but I am continuing to try and be faithful and trust.

Monday I had to return the guinea pigs that we had been pet sitting. I made the mistake of working out my arms before returning it so carrying their large cage from the car and through the school was real painful. The kids miss the guinea pigs and Steven is even more convinced that he wants a guinea pig for his birthday. I am really not thrilled about the idea- they stink, they're messy, they cost money and what do we do with them when we travel? But Tyler thinks the responsibility will be good for Steven so...we shall see.

Tuesday I did my usual volunteering and then ran some errands in the afternoon. One of those errands was jean shopping. Jean shopping is my least favorite thing ever because finding jeans that fit is so difficult for me. I was literally down to only one pair of jeans and decided I had some time so I should just grin and bear it. Well it was a good thing because in those lovely mirrored fitting rooms I realized I had a small tear forming on my back pocket. And then as I was pulling my jeans back on in the fitting room they literally ripped. I got to finish my jean shopping in ripped jeans while constantly tugging down my shirt in hopes of covering the tear. It was super but I did end up with 2 new pairs.

Wednesday was a day of service. I drove Caroline to the grocery store because her car was broke and she needed groceries. Then I dropped off some flowers at one of my girls house because she was sick and really sad that she was missing New Beginnings. After that I visited Jessica (my friend with cancer) and she is doing really well. I also had a good conversation with her daughter about some drama that has been going on between her and another girl. The last thing that night was New Beginnings. New Beginnings didn't go super smoothly- the yw that played the piano had some struggles playing, I forgot to have a copy of the new yw's theme so I had to rush and grab one (since very few people have it memorized it yet), my leaders little girl was adorable but also a huge distraction and not all the girls really enjoyed making vision boards of their goals but... it's done and that is great.

Thursday was a real weird day because I literally had no plans and nothing that really needed to get done. So I was real slow about the usual things like laundry, working out and such. I also decided to get some flowers and visit a few of my young women but that's hard since they're all at school. I ended up going to visit one later that night- she was the other part of previously mentioned drama- and just tried to talk to her about things as well. My whole thing is I love them both, I am the neutral party and I need them both to get along so they set a better example for the younger girls. I have now asked them both to pray about it and try to find peace with one another and I am so hoping it helps. We lack such unity in our young women's and I know it's not just them but it's a start.

Friday morning I went to the temple with Caroline. Then that evening I went to a girl's night with people who aren't really so much my people. They are the "cool" people and I am not really sure why I was invited- maybe a project/goal for the year? My one friend, Melissa, was invited too so I mostly came because I knew I'd have her there. It was mostly fun but it dredged up old feelings and hurts from the days of Laci. These were really her people. She always made me feel like I was her close friend but these people at the party were really her close friends and I was often excluded from their hang outs. That night they all talked about old get together's with her and were like- you were there weren't you. Um no. They also face timed her at one point and that was awkward. It just brought back hurt feelings. There was a super funny part at the end though, where my friend Melissa decided to smash her Dr Pepper- she was going to break her diet and drink it but then she didn't so she was going symbolically smash it. Well she threw it and it totally didn't smash and somehow she fell to the ground in the process of throwing it- she was fine but she could not stop laughing. I guess moms still know how to be total goofballs?

Also a funny from this week. One of the questions of the day was- what animal do you feel like today and why? Penny's answer "A zebra because I went to church."

No comments:

Post a Comment