Saturday, December 28, 2019

A Natue Walk, A Museum, A Movie


On Thursday Grams and I went and did some after Christmas shopping. I managed to snag two new nutcrackers (a gnome and a sailor holding a lighthouse), I also got some new Christmas books to add to my massive collections, and I got some ornaments for a new Christmas tradition I am wanting to start (Christmas ornaments that represent things from Christ's life). We finished up shopping around lunchtime so we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. The food was slow coming but oh man, so worth the wait. So so good.

When we got back home we all drove out to Proud Lake to go on a nature hike while the weather was still good. The kids all had their cameras and were constantly documenting. We found some trees decorated with ornaments which a fun find. Ben enjoyed finding every large stick and then throwing it at the lake to try and break the ice. Tyler thought it was a good idea to walk on the icy lake and of course all the kids followed. This made me super nervous since it was a 50 degree day. I did not want to lose any of my children under the ice. Luckily they all survived! And even though Lucy cried because she wanted to walk on the ice longer, it was overall a really nice outing.







On Friday we went to the Natural History Museum at the University of Michigan. We had gone to it once before it moved to its new location. I have to say that I liked it at the old location better. It was a really cool historic building and way less modernized. This museum was all about teaching us to be eco friendly and had lots of exhibits on evolution. Meh. It was shiny and new though and had some fun ways to measure ourselves and some fun dinosaur skulls to do some photos with.








While  we were there, Lucy was washing her hands in the bathroom, and randomly said: "Never trust a cow!" Goof ball.

That afternoon I was the Grinch and took down Christmas. It always feels good to get all that stuff down. Poppy took yet another outing with the kids while I was doing this. He sure has been all about the walks while he's been here. 

Saturday we went and saw "Spies in Disguise." It was basically the only kid movie out and it was fun enough. On the drive back Penny was complaining that she was hot in the car. When I asked her how she got that hot she replied, "Because I was borned here."

No comments:

Post a Comment