Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Michigan


This past week we went to Michigan to find a home to rent. For the first few days it was snowing and as we walked from car to wherever, I thought I could handle the weather. It wasn't THAT cold. But then Sunday happened. And oh my goodness it was the same temp as the previous days (20 degrees) except their was wind chill. Wind chill made the temp's real feel 8 degrees. 8 degrees is COLD! So on days like that, I might freeze to death....

Pretty much we spent the trip house hunting and eating...we do love eating. I have to say I approve of Michigan food. Their breakfast food and ice cream was AmAzInG, and their Mexican food will do. Besides they have pretty much every restaurant we have which is very comforting :)




Ok we did do other things besides seeing homes and eating. We did go see "Catching Fire" (super good), we got to see downtown Detroit (which had beautiful architecture but was depressingly vacant) and we got to see the temple in West Bloomfield (so much smaller than I am accustomed to) but still beautiful;


And although our real estate agent was not the best, we did end up finding an amazing home to lease! I love it! It is small but has plenty of storage space so it's perfect. It has an unfinished basement for Tyler to keep his tools and for us to store things. It also has a detached garage that has a second floor which could be used for more storage OR for a "fort" for the kids. I can't wait to get there and take pictures of the inside when it's officially ours. 







1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I whole heartedly approve of this post

    ReplyDelete