Sunday, July 26, 2026

Summer

Sunday we had a new Sunday School Teacher and he was really good. He added a lot of historical context that made it super interesting.I actually really enjoyed a Sunday school lesson for once.

Monday afternoon Lucy went to Tree Runner with some church friends. The friends had promised Lucy free entry because she had buddy passes but the employee was having a tricky time getting the buddy passes to work. There was a moment I thought they weren't going to work and I was panicking about spending an unexpected $60 for her to do this. My finances have been so tight since Penny broke her arm. Thankfully the passes ended up working and there was no need to panic. I think she had a good time. 

Later Monday Ruby and I met Asher and Julie at the beach. Ruby and Asher pretty much fought the whole time. He even threw sand in her face so that wasn't great. At least he went and got her water so she could rinse it out of her mouth. They are such frenemies.

Tuesday Penny had a friend over for most of the day and they got along so well it made my day easier. They even entertained Ruby at times which was so helpful. I spent a lot of the day in the kitchen. I made salsa, cookies and muffins. I was quite domestic.

Tuesday evening we had the missionaries over for dinner. Due to a visit they had scheduled, they could not come over for dinner until 7pm. It was a late dinner and made even later because Tyler got distracted and did not start cooking the hamburgers until they arrived. Thankfully they chatted with him at the grill and I did not have to lead a conversation with them. Unfortunately Ruby was kind of a disaster and whined and cried most of the time they were over. It was not pleasant. Also, while the missionaries were giving a lesson, Steven was messing around with Ruby and being distracting. That was a bit embarrassing that my 18 year old was being the most disruptive. I struggle with having the missionaries over but I know it's a good thing to do.

Wednesday was a day of appointments. I started the day with a dental cleaning. It felt like she was hacking my teeth away. I have 2 cavities that I will have to get fixed next month. Yay. After that appointment I took Penny to the orthodontist. Lucky for her, she will finally be getting her expander out in a few weeks. Then after that I took Penny to the orthopedic surgeon's office. This time he gave us good news. Penny does not need a cast. He gave her a brace and said to come back in 3 weeks. He is thinking in 3 weeks she probably won't have to wear the brace constantly. I am happy that is healing so well and she doesn't have to wear an uncomfortable cast.


Thursday my parents were getting their air conditioning fixed and the Relief Society Presidency came to visit my mom. She ended up having the presidency come to my house so she wouldn't feel weird having the ac people there while they visited. I went outside with Ruby so they could have a proper visit- I felt it might be weird for her to do a get to know you visit with me there. While we were out Ruby wanted to go see Poppy so we went to their house but Poppy was in the basement with the ac people so we decided to play with toys on the main floor. While we were there one of the ac people came upstairs to go to the bathroom and he seemed very confused by our random appearance. We probably made it even more confusing because Ruby wanted to go before he came out of the bathroom. We were just a random apparition.

At one point Thursday, I lost my phone and asked Alexa to find it. She asked for my phone number and then said she had sent me a security code that I needed to give to her. I was like, I can't give it to you because I can't find my phone. But she literally kept asking me for the code over and over again, despite my protests. Finally I found my phone, by myself obviously, and gave her the code. She then called my phone so that I could find it. Super helpful.

I started my Friday morning with a Mammogram. I am always anxious about new things and since this was my first time getting a Mammogram- I was anxious. Thankfully the front desk directed me nicely to where I needed to be and once there it all went smoothly. Not the most comfortable thing but definitely not the most painful thing I have ever experienced. After the mammogram, I took Lucy to mow her lawn. Runy and I walked to the park and on our way back, we noticed this frog. However, the frog did not move as we approached it and I wonder if it was even real. It was bizarre.


Friday afternoon Ruby and I went on a walk with Amelia and Kara. Since we hadn't been on a walk for quite awhile we had lots to chat about so it was a nice walk. We walked to the library and then the park so Ruby got to get some wiggles out. 

Saturday evening Tyler and I went to the Jones's home for a BBQ. I had put the time down as 6:30 on my calendar but turns out it was at 6pm. Grace sent me a text as we were driving over asking me if I was ok. I quickly checked the time on the invite and realized my mistake. I was so hopeful it was a big bash with lots of people so every one was not waiting on us. It was not. There was only one other couple besides us and the Eakins. They did not eat until we got there so that was super awkward. Other than that it was a pretty decent night out. It was nice to not be in charge of hosting something for once. 

Cute Ruby moments this week:





No comments:

Post a Comment